Brennan was so happy when he woke up this morning and it was super sunny. It was still only in the 50s this morning with a high in the low 60s, but I told him he might be able to get in the water closer to lunch time. Just after 8am I filled up the pool and water table hoping the sun would heat them up. We played at home for a little while and then headed off to the library.
Thursday is usually our library day. We were attending story time each Thursday, but that's done for the summer. However, we've still be going on Thursdays to return our books and DVDs. Our local library has a pretty nice children's area. Brennan loves to play on the computers and is completely self-sufficient on them. They are easy touch-screen ones and he rarely needs any assistance. That's good because Bryce is all over the place. There is a train table that entertains him for a little while, puzzles and a few toys that don't really interest him that much, and of course books to pull off shelves. He's actually gotten a lot better about not pulling books off which is nice. The last two trips to the library, he's really liked sitting at the table and coloring. He doesn't do a lot of actual coloring, but sits still and plays around with the crayons. Anytime he is sitting still is nice!
Today he discovered a little hole in the computer table where cords pass through and thought it would be fun to drop crayons in there. I just let him. He was walking back and forth between that hole and the crayon bowl for a long time and just laughing and laughing. It was easy enough to clean up when he was done and I enjoyed a few minutes of just sitting and watching.
Since Brennan is usually busy on the computer, I am the one that typically picks out all the books for the week. It's so crazy because now at least half of the books I pick come from the "I Can Read" section. In fact just last week he picked a book and read it to the children's librarian. Other workers gathered around to listen to him too. It was pretty neat. Brennan also likes alphabet books and number books, so I try to get some of those. Once he's done with the computer he gets to pick out one or two DVDs for the week too.
Once we got home it was
Now hopefully they don't catch pneumonia.



No comments:
Post a Comment