Monday, May 12, 2014

My Mother's Day Loot

I'm not a very sentimental person. And I'm certainly not someone who saves every piece of artwork my kids do. But I do have a soft spot for artwork that involves handprints or footprints and for the things that Brennan has handwritten. I wanted to share my Mother's Day gifts here and some of them I will actually save!

Brennan planted two flowers for me on Sunday. The first he made in Sunday school and the second he made during Children's Church. I don't have much of a green thumb, but I'll sure appreciate these while they last.


Brennan brought home an envelope from school last Wednesday, but old me I couldn't open it until Mother's Day. He helped me open it first thing Sunday morning and this was inside; a little questionnaire much like the one I did with him. My favorite response is when he was telling what my favorite food is and said, "Hamburgers from Burger King, but we don't go there a lot." We have only eaten at Burger King a handful of times ever, so this response is so funny.

Like I said, I love looking at his handwriting. He wrote his name in this card at Cherub Choir. The gift also included a cute notebook.

Brennan actually gave me this card one week before Mother's Day, but I think it's my favorite gift. He wrote all the words by himself. At first I thought it just said "Happy Mother" which made me laugh...

...but the rest was written on the back. His "d" for "day" looks like a "p", but other than that his letter are perfect.

And the inside. I'm saving this one for sure!

I got several pairs of earrings from Kyle. I didn't take pictures of all three sets, but here's the purple pair.

And this really pretty set of earrings and a charm from Pandora.

I'm not big on gifts, but it's nice to spoiled once in a while.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...