Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Outside Fun!

Whenever I pick Brennan up from school, his first question is always, "Where are we going now?" Some days we do go somewhere, but somedays we just come back home (this is usually met with lots of whining from Brennan). Yesterday was a day where I didn't really want to go anywhere and when I told him we were going to just go home he wasn't happy. But he cheered up pretty quickly when I told him we could play outside at home.

I brought out a small pitcher of water and our sidewalk chalk and we got the chalk wet and drew with it on the driveway. It was really pretty. Brennan wrote a bunch of letter Bs and I drew several pictures. Bryce just kept trying to eat the chalk.

We also played "the ball game" where Brennan will sit at the top of our steep driveway and roll a ball down to me. It was a little hard to keep my eyes on both kiddos then so I did lots of running back and forth between the two boys making sure Bryce was okay. He was having fun playing with the hose storage box. Brennan and I also kicked the ball back and forth for a while.

Then it was sandbox time. I'm glad we've been using the sandbox some this season already. I feel like it didn't get a ton of use last year since Bryce was so tiny, but now that both boys like it I think it'll get a lot more playtime. It makes me happy since Kyle built the sandbox himself.

I don't really consider myself an outdoorsy girl, but I am enjoying the warmer weather and playing outside with the boys. Sometimes it's nice just to play in the comfort of our own backyard instead of going somewhere else. We even ended the night playing outside again after dinner and Daddy got to join us that time!











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...