Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A Visit to the Children's Museum

Yesterday, right before Bryce and I went to pick up Brennan at school, I called the library to see if the Children's Museum pass was available. I had checked the Monday before and it was checked out, but yesterday it was there, so Bryce and I went and grabbed it. 

We headed there this morning. I was excited to try it again. We used to be members the year before Bryce was born. I didn't renew my membership that winter because I knew I wouldn't be getting out a ton with the cold weather with a tiny baby. We used the free library pass once since Bryce was born, but he was teeny tiny. Today I was hoping both boys would enjoy it and that I wouldn't lose my sanity trying to keep up with them both. 

The title Children's Museum is very misleading. I tend to picture huge science museums or aquarium type places and this is nothing like that. It's an old house that has been turned into a play area for kids. There are a bunch of different stations and a lot had actually changed since we had been there over a year ago. It's small enough that it's fine for Brennan is be off playing somewhere by himself while I watch Bryce. I was trying to divide my attention between the two boys and "lost" Bryce once, but thankfully you can't wander too far away. 


Bryce had more fun than Brennan I think since this was his first time exploring the museum. He loved his ball ramp that I Brennan and I built.




Brennan was drawn to the sight word magnets. I love my little nerd!


I was shocked when Bryce was able to easily get these little magnets onto the pole all my himself. He was totally weirded out by the magnets repelling each other.

Bryce spent a long time playing in the toddler room. He didn't even need me in there. He was just exploring and shooting basketball and having a good time. In this picture he's playing peek-a-boo with a little girl inside the tent.

But this is where Bryce spent the majority of his time. He would walk around and find all these balls and put them back into this purple bin.

Then he'd dump them out again and take them over to these huge foam blocks and then bring them back to the purple bin. He was all over these blocks. I think he's part monkey.


It was a really fun morning. It got super crowded because there were some entire preschool groups that came in. I was a little overwhelmed by how many kids were there, but the boys played great and had fun. I love that we can get the pass from the library when it's available, but it might be time to consider getting a membership to the museum again because I think we'd have fun there this summer. 

Unfortunately shortly after we got home, Bryce tumbled down our entire flight of stairs into the basement. It was my fault for leaving the door open after we came upstairs. All of us (Brennan included) are usually so good about closing it. Thank God he wasn't injured. He was already sitting up when I got to the bottom of the steps to get him. He has some bumps on his head, but is walking and talking fine and ate his lunch well. He's resting now, but we will keep watching him over the next 24 hours. It was so scary, but it's amazing how resilient kids are. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...