Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Our Memorial Day Weekend

I already shared pictures from Saturday with you, but thought I'd share a few from the rest of our Memorial Day weekend.

After church on Sunday, Kyle and I headed over to see our friends, Kim and Gary. Kyle had been dying to go over to their place and shoot his shotgun. They own a large piece of land in the middle of nowhere and just shoot right off a cliff in their backyard. I had never shot a gun of any kind before, but on Sunday I shot Kyle's shotgun and Gary's pistol.

Kyle showed me how to correctly hold the shotgun and I shot a few rounds just off the cliff. He brought a clay shooter with him, so then it was time for me to try and shoot a clay pigeon. I wasn't expecting much and didn't hit anything, but it was still fun.



I also learned how to load and unload the shotgun, so don't sneak in my house! The girls there wanted to shoot a pistol and aim at a non-moving target, so Gary brought two of his out. It was heavier than I expected, but it was fun too and I was able to hit a stationary object!

I've never been a big fan of guns, but I'm glad I got to do this and would definitely do it again. While we were out shooting, the boys were home with a sitter taking long Sunday naps. 

On Monday Kyle had duty, so it was just me and the boys. I was planning on taking them to the zoo, but it was rainy in the morning and a 50% chance until noon, so we decided to just go to the mall instead. The mall is Brennan's favorite because he likes to play at the arcade. We were extra lucky because their babysitter from the day before happened to be working at the mall on Monday, so we got to see her there. I had promised Brennan he could play with his water table when we got home, so that's exactly what we did.

Before I put their swimsuits on them, I tried to get a few pictures of them in their matching flag shirts. No such luck. I only got a few goobery looking pictures of Brennan and zero of Bryce looking at the camera. Oh well. Brennan's hair is so crazy right now. I've had two people at church ask me if he cut it himself. No. Kyle took him to the barbershop a few weeks ago and they just didn't do a great job. Now it's starting to grow out again and sticks up really bad in the back. I'd love to be able to let him grow it out a little longer to maybe help weigh down his cowlick, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. 




I put the water table up on our new deck and it worked out great. There's a gate at the top of the stairs, so the boys are in jail out there. Brennan had fun, but Bryce had a blast. He's such a water baby! It was perfect because they were safely playing there off the kitchen and I was able to get lunch ready inside while still watching them. We will be getting lots of use out of this water table this year I think!

We were just low key the rest of the day. We ate lunch, took naps, played with the water table some more, ate dinner, and got ready for bed. I was proud of myself because I got out and mowed the front yard after Bryce was in bed. It needed to be done and I was afraid it might rain before Kyle could mow on Tuesday, so I gave him a little Memorial Day gift and mowed. 

It wasn't a super exciting Memorial Day weekend, but it was spent with our little family and I wouldn't want it any other way! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...