Just a little post to catch you up on our happenings so far this weekend. On Friday night there was a pizza party at Brennan's school. It's an annual event, so this was our second year going. The kids sang two songs: "You Are My Sunshine" and "Itsy Bitsy Spider". They just sang them sitting or standing right at the tables with their families and I think Brennan was the loudest by far. His teacher came over afterwards and said it sounded like he had a microphone.
It was a fun night with some yummy pizza. Brennan wasn't too impressed with the pizza because they only had cheese and he wanted pepperoni. He said cheese is "yucky." I pulled my smart Mommy card though and I went back a second time and brought him a piece and said, "Brennan I found pepperoni, but the pepperoni fell off when I was getting it out of the box." He immediately ate the cheese pizza then. Silly goose!
I really enjoyed watching Brennan interact with some of his friends at school. His first year at the school he really gravitated towards hanging out with the teachers and didn't talk a lot about the boys and girls in his class. But this year he talks about a lot of friends and he was so social and outgoing last night. It was really neat to see. He even let me take a picture of him with his two teachers from this year! I love his genuine smile in both pictures and his red cheeks because he had been running around playing like a crazy person.
This morning I took the boys to a Mother's Day breakfast at church. It was a donation breakfast to help our friend and babysitter, Meghan, raise funds for her mission trip to Japan this summer. The three of us had already eaten breakfast, but Auntie Val brought the boys doughnuts and Bryce devoured his. Brennan had more fun socializing. After church we went to the mall to play at the arcade, then came home for lunch and some much needed naps.
The weather had really warmed up during nap time and it was gorgeous outside when the boys woke up. I was trying to think of what we could do to get out of the house for the evening and decided to go see the ducks at the nearby Mystic Village.
Unfortunately it started raining on us while we were there, so we headed back to the car and drove across the street to eat dinner at Five Guys.
And then walked right next-door to have some frozen yogurt!
Both boys were super well-behave the entire time we were out. Brennan has been giving me some major attitude lately, but was sweet and obedient tonight. Until it was time to go to bed. ;)
All in all it was a nice day spent with the two boys who made me a Mommy. I'm excited to celebrate Mother's Day tomorrow with them and Kyle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment