You are sixteen months old and finally a full-time walker! I guess I can't say finally since it took Brennan much longer than you, but I'm still shocked it took you as long as it did. You aren't great at standing up in the middle of the room, so if you fall down while walking, you'll crawl or walk on your knees to the closest thing you can pull up on and then start walking again. I love you walking right now. You're slow enough that you can't run away from me yet, so it's still super cute.
You are still wearing size 3 diapers, but could also fit size 4 now. I need to weigh you because I can tell you've gained weight even with your walking. Your face is much fuller and you even have a little belly now. You got a nice haircut a few weeks ago and look like a a big boy now. Your hair is still super light blond and your eyes are still super blue. We still get comments about your eyes wherever we go. You're a lady killer for sure!
To celebrate your sixteen month birthday, you decided to tumble down the entire flight of stairs today. It scared me to death. It was completely Mommy's fault. We went to the Children's Museum this morning and when we got back home the three of us played in the basement for a bit. When it was time to come upstairs to eat lunch, you crawled up the steps first with me right behind you, and Brennan bringing up the rear. All of us are usually so good about closing the basement door; Brennan included, but neither of us closed it. We came into the living room, you went into the kitchen, and the next thing I know I hear you falling down the stairs. I immediately knew what was happening and I started crying and screaming. Thank God you were okay. In fact you were already sitting up when I got down to you. You were crying and had a good bruise over your left eye, but I was able to get you calmed down quickly. I took your pants off and checked out your legs. I went ahead and sat you in your high chair and you started eating and laughing and acting completely normal. Daddy came home from work when I called him to tell him what happened and also checked you out. We got you down and you walked all around. I kept a close eye on you the rest of the day, but I think you're perfectly fine. You're one tough dude!
You're very close to getting some new teeth, but I don't think any new ones have broken through yet, so you're still at eight. Most days you eat very well. You now love those little fruit pouches. I thought you'd make a huge mess with them, but you work them completely on their own. It's also a convenient way to sneak more veggies into your diet, because you aren't too fond of those. You also love dip now. You have been dipping your waffles in syrup for awhile now, but you also like ketchup. At Chili's last night you pointed to the table and said, "dip, dip" until I gave you some ketchup. Then you ate it with your fingers. You love fruit cocktail and still love any form of sweets. And you love milk. You drink lots of milk each day.
You're much more talkative now and have started repeating what others (especially Brennan) say. I won't be able to think of everything you can say, but here are few of your newer words: boo, shoe, maw (which I think means mine), boom, bye bye, go, and dip. You still call your sippy cup your "ba'.
The things you understand amaze me. You might not recognize the letter B yet like Brennan could at your age, but you are smart in different ways. If I tell you to go get me a diaper, you walk right back to your room. When I tell you it's tubby time, you walk right to the bathroom door. And you are extra observant. Just tonight a small ball rolled under the couch. You immediately went over and grabbed one of your toy golf clubs, brought it over to the couch, laid down on your belly and used it to get the ball out. You've seen me do that before, but that was a first for you to try it.
You've also learned how to blow kisses. It's the cutest thing ever. You blew a kiss on Sunday when I picked you up from the nursery and have been doing it a lot since then. You even make the "muah" sound when you do it. You just started doing the "I don't know" arms too. Like when you lose something and you flip your arms up as if to say, "Where'd it go? I don't know." And you love playing peek-a-boo.
Thankfully sleeping is still going very well. You typically sleep from 7ish-7ish. Sometimes you'll wake a little early, but are usually content just playing in your crib until I come get you. So far you've made no attempts to climb out of your crib. You are down to one nap a day. Occasionally if you wake up early, you'll take two, but that's a rarity now. Most days your afternoon nap is a good three hours. Today you didn't nap very well. When I came into your room I could immediately smell your dirty diaper and you were standing in your crib chewing on the rail. Not cool, Bryce!
The past month has been a lot of fun. You are getting less clingy to Mommy and will stay with a sitter without crying at all. You still cry most weeks when I leave you in the church nursery, but that doesn't last long and then you have lots of fun playing. I love how ticklish you are and I love your open mouth kisses. You're such a sweet little guy and I just can't get enough of you!
Love,
Mommy
I took this 2nd picture today after his fall down the stairs. You might be able to the see the bruise on the side of his head over his left eye. Still smiling though!
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment