On Tuesday, the boys and I headed back to the Roger Williams Zoo. It was a nice warm day and I much prefer going on weekdays when it's less crowded. We headed out around 9:30 and got there a little after it opened at 10.
Brennan wanted to head right up to the treehouse to do the ball crank he loved so much last time. It is really neat. On the other side of the treehouse are more steering wheels that turn these colored leaves in the windows. It's really pretty.
Unfortunately, the water play area was closed for maintenance. They told us it should be up and running soon, so we decided to go ahead and walk around for a bit. We saw the elephants and then stopped for ice cream. Brennan earned ice cream for staying in bed until 7am for five mornings. He used to do that all the time, but recently started getting up before seven and that's not cool with Momma. A little bribery seemed to work. After ice cream we saw the elephants getting bathed, took a picture of a giraffe, and then headed back to the water area.
I like these butterfly pictures of Brennan!
After about five more minutes the water finally came on. Bryce was in heaven. Brennan mainly pouted and went and sat in the stroller to eat a snack. I wish these pictures could properly convey how much fun Bryce was having. The water wall he loved last time wasn't working, but he still really liked these sprayers. I'm just going to share every picture I took of him playing because I was cracking up watching him in there with the big kids.
His face in these next ones is so great. He was loving it!
And then there's B in the stroller. Bless his little pouty heart.
Other than the water play area and the treehouse Brennan's other favorite spot at the zoo is the "jumping game", so we headed there next. He wanted to stop for a picture on the stone elephant. And actually gave me a good smile.
We bypassed most of the animals and went to where he could jump. This action shot looks like he's about to face plant, but he's gotten really good at jumping.
After that we headed home. Both boys snacked a lot while were there so we ate just a tiny bit for lunch and then both boys went down for a nap.
It's such a fun place to visit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

























No comments:
Post a Comment