I've said before that our zoo has this great play area now. It has lots of water features, lots of free play space, a big treehouse, and a playground. That's where we headed first. I even had both boys dressed in their swimsuits so they could get as wet as they wanted.
We ended up heading up to the treehouse before getting in the water. It had a whole new contraption since we last visited that was super cool. There are cranks and pipes and all sorts of things overhead and you use steering wheels to crank tennis balls up and they roll all through the tubes and things. I'm not explaining it well, but it was super neat and Brennan was mesmerized.
We even spotted a Louisville Slugger bat up there!
After that it was time for water fun. If today was any indication, Bryce will love the splash pad this summer and will have the best time at the water park during our summer vacation. He LOVED the water. It was right in there with the bigger kids playing and splashing and spraying. He could've cared less where I was and if he fell down he got right back up and played some more. Brennan played in the water some, but kept complaining about getting splashed. He's nuts. But he was cute putting on puppet shows and painting with water.
Doing things like this make me realize I'm actually going to be able to survive this summer with two boys. I was afraid they'd be too all over the place and never wanting to do the same thing and both crying I wasn't with them. But they've actually been great so far. Bryce is so much more independent that Brennan was at his age (or is now!) so that's helped a lot!
I didn't really take many pictures of the animals. The boys just stayed in the stroller and ate snacks for the most part as we made our way through the zoo. Brennan did ask to stop at watch the construction going on. They are building a new farm area that will include a petting zoo and feeding station. And I thought the baby ducks were so cute, so I had to snap a picture of them.
I just renewed our membership to the zoo, so we will be visiting a lot this summer!








No comments:
Post a Comment