Sunday, May 4, 2014

"I'm a Book Finisher!"

I am so proud of Brennan. Tonight he completed his first year of AWANA! He has loved being a Cubbie and I love seeing him so excited about going to church. Since he started in September, he has memorized 30 Bible verses. 30! He's been talking for several weeks about how tonight he will be an official "book finisher" when he recites his final verse from his book.

Brennan has had such wonderful leaders this year and talks about them all the time. He loves telling me about what happened during the puppet theater at Cubbies and of course his all time favorite is when they hunt for Easter eggs.

Each week of AWANA starts in our church's gym. I love taking Brennan and watching him stand in his spot on the blue line and put his hand on his heart for the pledges. And nothing melts my heart like seeing him fold his hands and bow his head each week when it's time for prayer there.

This picture was taken several weeks ago. Yes, I snapped this picture like a heathen while he was praying so sweetly.

Here's Brennan on his very first night of Cubbies back in September.

Here he is when he came in second place for his age group at the AWANA Grand Prix.

And here's my book finisher (with cake all over his face)!

And a few more pics from tonight...



1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Great job, Brennan!! I'm so proud of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...