But doing a new workout this morning definitely lifted my spirits. I got Bryce up afterwards and both boys ate an early breakfast while I jumped in the shower. It wasn't all bad that they were up early because I wanted to drive to the beach this morning to see if we could watch Daddy's submarine leave. I feel a little guilty that the title of this post is "The Perfect Morning" when Kyle happens to be heading out to sea, but it's such a huge day because his sub has been in the shipyard for almost 18 months. It's been a super difficult and trying time for all the guys and it was such a happy day that they were finally back out doing what they're supposed to be doing. And they're only gone a short time, so it's perfect.
Unfortunately after my shower, I got a text that the sub was already passing the beach. We were going to miss it. Instead of being bummed out about it, I decided I'd take the boys to the beach anyways. Why not? When everyone's awake by 6 we might as well go to the beach! I got the boys dressed because I'd be taking Brennan straight to school from the beach and we headed out around 7:30.
Some of our friends (who actually made it on time) were still there, so we visited with them for a few minutes and then Brennan spotted a playground on the beach. He was so excited! We headed over there and the boys got to play for a little more than 30 minutes before it was time to head to school.
Normally our school mornings are kind of rushed. Even though Brennan is always up in plenty of time, he drags his feet about getting dressed and out the door. There's always some four-year-odl attitude thrown in too. Today was such a nice change. We were up and out the door quickly and even though I don't plan on being at the beach at 7:30am everyday, it really did end up being the perfect morning.
The boys got to watch a tractor raking the beach, both boys enjoyed the playground, and when the tractor was gone we were literally the first people on the beach for the day. I've never been the first person at the beach. It was just a super cool memory to make with my boys. Both boys loved walking on the beach and if I had let him, Bryce would've walked straight into the water. It was so much fun that we are planning on going back again after school. We certainly won't be the only ones there then though.
I wish I had brought my good camera, but of course just had my phone. I was still able to get some cute pictures.
Kyle's sub headed out towards the left of the picture about 30 minutes before we arrived.
I stole this picture. Still a little bummed the boys didn't get to see it, but they had a ton of fun nonetheless. No matter how many times I see a sub in the water it still amazes me. Of course it's a lot more fun to see them headed the other direction, but this is still cool!
Kyle was even topside as they were driving out. Captain sent this picture to his wife and she forwarded it to me.
I'm sure this isn't much to most kids, but last year Brennan would have never even thought to have done this slide by himself. And now he just runs right over to it without a second thought. I'm so glad he's become more adventurous.
A Mommy and Brycey selfie!
Then it was beach time! I couldn't believe how excited they were!
I love all these pictures of Bryce walking towards the water. His were literally the first footprints in the sand this morning. I was afraid to let him get too far ahead of me though. He was making a bee-line straight for the water. I ended up having to run after him after the last shot to grab him.
I'm so happy we were able to do this this morning. I went from being grumpy at 6am to being in awe of the beauty we were seeing at 8. And to top it off, since Bryce was up so early, he's taking a rare morning nap right now while Brennan is at school so I'll be able to get some good work done around the house!

















No comments:
Post a Comment