Friday, June 6, 2014

Dear Bryce,

You are 17 months old today! You keep me on my toes for sure with how busy you are, but for the most part you are at a very easy stage right now. You are almost constantly on the go and can now get yourself to standing in the middle of the room, so nothing slows you down anymore. I don't have any official stats, but the last time I weighed you, you were a little over 22 pounds. Still quite a peanut, but I can tell you're gaining weight. You still wear size 3 diapers during the day, but now wear size 4 at night. You wear a mix of 12-18 and 18-24 month clothes.

You babble all the time. You use the syllable "ba" a lot. I think that must be what you way when you're not sure what the correct word is. It gets confusing sometimes because "ba" is what you call your sippy cup and "ball" also sounds very similar. You say several new words now including: please, thank you, uh oh, trash, cheese, fish, hot, and jump. You sign thank you and fish now too.

You now have 11 teeth. You have cut three molars in the last month, but thankfully it's been easy for you. You are still sleeping like a champ! You still usually go to bed around 7pm, but sometimes will talk in your bed for over an hour before falling asleep. Occasionally you'll wake before 7am, but are still pretty content to stay in bed until I come get you. Most days you lay down for a nap between 12:30-1 and sleep about three hours.

Some of your current favorite things include throwing things in trash (thankfully we have a child lock on that cabinet, so you can't do it without help), picking on your big brother by pulling his shirt, playing with the Melissa and Doug Cookies Set, and trying to put shoes on your feet. Oh and the pool. Gosh you are a water baby! I'm so glad I bought a little inflatable pool. If the sun is out, you are in there. You also love the splash pad area at the zoo. I think you'll love our summer vacation to the water park in August! You can show me where your hair is, but don't usually get any of your facial features right. I can't tell if you know your colors yet, but I don't think so. It's so different with you since you're always on the move and at this point Brennan was still immobile.

You understand so much though. I'll ask you to go get me a diaper and you'll go straight to your room. I can ask you to close a drawer you left open and you'll go close it. You have always started to really imitate Brennan a lot. I mainly notice this in the car. If Brennan is making funny sounds, you start making the same ones. If he plays with his lips and makes noise, you do the same.

You do have quite a temper. When you can get something to work you start this crazy grunting sound and get so mad. And if you are told "no" watch out! You are definitely still a Momma's boy. When we are at home you're great about playing independently. You walk from room to room and destroy everything in your bath, but have fun are are typically in a good mood. You get super excited when Daddy gets home from work, but once he's here I CANNOT leave your sight or you freak out. Like full out crying and choking and throwing a fit. It's quite ridiculous. It's hit or miss in the church nursery right now. There have been a few Sundays you haven't cried at all, but most weeks you still get hysterical when I leave. I feel so loved! :)

You are a good eater most of the time. You typically eat your big brother under the table. You love fruit and cheese. You still love any and all desserts. Meal time can be frustrating because you almost always end up throwing food onto the floor. The sensible side of me knows I should just get you down from your highchair then and say that meal time is over, but sometimes I need you to be in that chair for at least 30 minutes so you aren't moving. It gives me a chance to get some things done.

You are such a cutie! You smile and play peek-a-boo with anyone you see when we're out. You aren't always content in the car, but are almost always great in the stroller. You don't typically like me to carry you; you'd rather be down walking. Like always I know I'm leaving stuff out, but it's been a fun month. In my next update you'll be a year and a half! Whoa!

Love you bunches, Brycey!

Love,
Mommy

I did a little photo shoot with Bryce today while Brennan was at school. Like I said, he rarely stops moving, so this was no easy feat. I've included a bunch here, including outtakes. Enjoy!




He started cracking up here. And you can see this one really tall blade of grass that was sticking up. Oh well.








Mom: "Let's take a cute picture on these steps, Bryce."
Bryce: "These would be fun crawl up!"











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...