Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Bouncin' and Splashin'

So far the boys and I have been having a super fun summer. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bummed when Brennan's preschool ended. It's such a nice routine for him and it gives me three mornings a week that I don't have to plan activities. I feel like I've done a good job so far (I mean it has only been a little more than a week) of keeping us busy with fun summer plans.

I guess both boys were excited about some more summer fun yesterday because Brennan came strolling into our bedroom at 6:14am and Bryce started fussing in his crib at 6:30. Brennan and I snuggled in bed until just before 7, but still it was a very early wakeup call.

This past weekend Brennan was talking about how he wanted to go back to the "bouncy house place", so I thought that might be a good spot for us to go. And it opens up nice and early at 9am and since we were obviously up it worked out perfectly. It's about a 30-40 minute drive to get there, but I just have to pay $10 for Brennan, so it's pretty cheap entertainment.

Here are a bunch of blurry iPhone pics because Brennan was on the move the whole time. Bryce has fun playing basketball and playing in the small arcade there. And of course I was the one who got injured. I'm obviously too old to play in bounce houses. I went down an inflatable slide and ripped skin right off my elbow.










Bryce took a little snooze on our ride home. One home, we ate some lunch, played a little, then I went ahead and put both boys down for early naps since they woke so early. Bryce took a great nap for me. Brennan laid in bed for about 40 mins, but didn't sleep. When Bryce woke up we decided to head to the splash pad again. Bryce didn't play much, but Brennan had a great time today.






Here's to many more fun summer days! In the fall Brennan will be in school five mornings a week, so we want to have as much fun now as possible!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...