Monday, June 23, 2014

Our Weekend

We had a pretty busy weekend!

Kyle and I attended a Change of Command service on Friday. He is now working for a new Commanding Officer. It was an absolutely gorgeous day for the ceremony, which was held outdoors right on the pier. We will greatly miss Kyle's former captain and his wife, Carmen, but are looking forward to getting to know this new family!

I love this picture of all the officers in their whites!

Kyle and I were able to get a couple of nice pictures of us too, which rarely happens.


It was nice to able to enjoy the ceremony sans kids. They were happily at home playing with Mackenzie. I came home and had lunch with the boys and they took naps. Brennan was up before Kyle and I headed out again, but Bryce was still sleeping. This time Auntie Val came over so Kyle and I could go to a party for his now former CO. So thankful for our awesome babysitters!

They rented a house in Mystic and we celebrated and had dinner outdoors catered by Paul's Pasta. It was such a pretty location!

Saturday morning we headed down to the Westbrook Outlets. Both boys needed some new shoes for the summer, so we hit up the Striderite outlet. I also hit the jackpot at the JCrew outlet and got 3 pairs of new shorts for less than $20 each! After a little shopping, we ate lunch at Five Guys. Bryce was wiped out, so we came home and put him down for a nap. Brennan still takes naps most days, but I let him stay up and he and I went to the Summer Reading Kickoff at our library. There was a science-teller (half scientist/half storyteller) program that Brennan really enjoyed.

After that we came home for about 45 minutes and then headed off to a graduation party for a teen from our church. I didn't really get any good pictures of the boys there. Brennan played inside a lot of the time and Bryce was just moving around constantly outside. We hadn't been there five minutes before Bryce fell and skinned his knee badly. He didn't even cry though. He's our tough guy for sure! The party also gave us a chance to say goodbye to another babysitter, Miss Meghan. She was flying out early the next morning for a month-long mission trip to Japan. Then after that she heads off to college.

Sunday started off like a normal one with praise team practice, Sunday school, and church. Afterwards we rushed home so Bryce could take a short nap before the boys and I went to a birthday party. Kyle needed to go into work for a few hours, so it was just me and boys at Anna and Petey's 4th bday party. Brennan went to school with them and we'd also see them most weeks at story time at the library. It was a fun outdoor party. I felt a little stressed having to constantly follow Bryce around, but both boys had a good time.

Bryce had a great time dumping juice boxes and water bottles all over his clothes!

They had lots of outdoor games set up and also huge swing set and trampoline.

My busy bodies actually sat down for a rest.

Brennan loves both these girls from his class. Anna is on the left and Emerson is on the right.

And here's Anna's twin brother, Petey.

After grilling out, it was piƱata time! Brennan had never done one before and was so excited.




Happy 4th Birthday, Anna and Peter!

I'm glad we were able to go celebrate with Brennan's friends. I'm sad he won't be in class with them anymore, but I'm hoping we will be able to still get together and play.

It was definitely a fun, busy weekend with great weather and lots of great friends!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...