Saturday, June 7, 2014

Alpha Done!

I haven't mentioned anything here on the blog, but I have been participating in an online workout group called Spring Into Summer. We've all been doing the T25 Focus workouts since the second week in May. I actual started a week earlier than the rest of the group, so yesterday I finished up the five-week Alpha program.

I've never been big into working out and I cannot remember the last time (if ever) I've stuck with a program for five weeks. I have gotten up at 6am (or a few snooze button hits later) every Monday-Friday for five weeks. I knew this was my ideal time to workout even though I love my sleep. The workouts are only 25-minutes long and by waking around 6am I can workout and get my shower before Brennan's typical wake up time of 7.

Unfortunately, once I started this workout Brennan decided he no longer wanted to sleep until 7, so many mornings he has watched me workout. It hasn't been easy getting up early each morning, but I'm so proud of myself for sticking to it. I don't own a scale and didn't take any measurements beforehand, so I don't have any official before and after stats, but I know I feel better in my clothes and that was really my main goal. My endurance has increased greatly because the workouts are easier than they were at the beginning.

And I'm not stopping now. Monday morning I begin the next round of workouts; the Beta phase. I'm nervous and excited to start!

As part of our accountability in the Spring Into Summer group, we are asked to post a daily picture after our workouts. Here's a collage of my last four weeks worth of selfies. I didn't take any the first week since the group hadn't started yet.


I also posted before and after pics for the group, but I'll spare you those. Wish me luck as I get ready to start Beta!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...