Here's Brennan wearing his new shirt that my friend Lizzie made for him!
This was our kitchen table.
I probably should've varied the height of objects more, but I ended up running short on time and just sat everything out. I taped three strands of Christmas lights onto the wall last night and then taped two rolls of cellophane wrap over them. I wasn't sure I liked the look, but adding the snowflakes made it look nice. It looked a lot prettier last night in the dark, but I still liked it today. I was super happy it all stayed up overnight and all through the party.
The snowman cups in the back were the party favors. I used white paper to wrap the juice boxes up and decorated them like snowmen too. You can see his Olaf cupcake cake in the middle. I had a bowl of M&Ms and a bowl of Hershey Kisses with a sign reading, "I wanna stuff some chocolate in my face." The veggie tray had "snowman noses" and other veggies. I also included a cheese and cracker tray with pretzel sticks and raisins so you could "build a snowman". The Doritos didn't have anything to do with the movie, but are just a favorite of ours. I printed some signs and put them in little Dollar Tree signs as decorations and printed the picture of Brennan with Anna and Elsa from Epcot in January.
I didn't even get a picture of the kitchen counter where I had a sign reading, "Hot and cold are both so intense, put them together; it just makes sense!" and then pointed to the HOT dogs and COLD drinks. I cooked hot dogs in the crockpot again this year. Not the most creative idea, but so super easy and inexpensive. You just throw them in there for 4 hours on low and they are good to go! I had white cups out beside the drinks that were also decorated like snowmen.
I hung three tissue paper puff balls from the center light in the kitchen and then here's the fridge.
It was super cute because when Brennan got up this morning and saw all the decorations in the kitchen he said, "Thank you so much for all this stuff!" I know lots of times these parties are just as much (if not more so) for the Mommies, but it made me so happy knowing he was already loving the party and his friends weren't even here yet.
Our basement makes for a perfect birthday party location. I unfortunately didn't get any pictures of all the balloons hanging from the ceiling. We put away some of our regular basement toys, but left many out including the train table, trampoline, and tunnels. We also added a corn hole board for "Snowman Bean Bag Toss". I used six rolls of toilet paper to make "Snowman Bowling" and that was fun for the kids.
Brennan kept asking if it was time to open presents, but we told him we had to eat first. I think he ate a piece of celery and three bites of a hot dog, but at least that's something. :)
Then we did let him open his gifts. He is blessed with a group of such thoughtful friends!
Brennan really wanted to play "Pin the Nose on Olaf" so we did that after presents. I didn't make a big deal out of it because I know organized games don't usually go great at young birthday parties. Some of the kids took a turn and some didn't. Brennan might've taken 8 turns! It was a cute.
Then we had a little more play time!
Now the boys are sleeping (Kyle included). I'm so glad Brennan had such a fun party and love that we are able to have them right in here in the comfort of our home. We have some new toys to play with and a sugar high that might last us a week; definitely a successful party!






No comments:
Post a Comment