Sunday, February 17, 2013

Meeska Mooska Mickey Mouse!

We had a great time celebrating Brennan's third birthday yesterday with some of his friends. He had a stomach bug on Tuesday, but thankfully it was short-lived and the party was able to happen. This year Brennan picked the theme: Mickey Mouse. He decided on that theme while we were in Disney in December and didn't ever change his mind. I'm not sure how people threw parties before Pinterest! I found lots of great ideas there and used this blog for most of my inspiration. I would've liked to have done even more decorating with signs and banners, but with a sick toddler and a baby who doesn't sleep much at night, I am happy with what I was able to pull off.

Here was Brennan's invite! It swings down to reveal all the party info!

The party took place in our basement and I had several different "game" stations set up where the kiddos could play.

Party hats with Mickey ears-

Toilet Paper Bowling - AKA Pete's Pins-

Cornhole - AKA Toodle's Toss-

A Cake Walk - AKA Pluto's Prize Walk-
Here Brennan is practicing before his party.
 Chip and Dale's Coloring-

The food and drinks were upstairs.

I love how the juice boxes turned out!

I was also really happy with how the food table looked. 

Even the peach cups had Mickey ears on them!
 

Mickey cupcakes made with one large Oreo and two mini Oreos!

Kyle even got in on the decorating action and made this 3 for me!

The party was from 11-1 and it was so much fun. The kids had a great time playing in the basement and we enjoyed a lunch of Hotdog Hotdog Hot-diggity Dogs! (I fixed 30 hotdogs in the crockpot - another Pinterest ideas and it worked great!)




 







 \






I wish I had videoed trying to get two and three year olds to do a cake walk; it was hilarious. Brennan and Morgan understood what to do, but everyone else was either just roaming around or not participating at all. It was probably my favorite part of the party and Brennan just wanted to do it over and over again.

We are so blessed to have such good friends who love our son as much as we do! Thankful for a fun and memorable day!

1 comment:

valerie said...

Sorry I missed the fun! Maybe I'll make it to his 4th birthday party :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...