Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Dear Bryce,

Today you are one month old. Again I both feel like the time has flown by, but that you have also been a part of our family forever. You just seem to fit right in. I weighed you this morning and you are 9 pounds 5 ounces, so you're growing big and strong! You are mostly wearing newborn size clothes and typically wear footie pjs all the time, but can now fit into a few 0-3 month sleepers too. We went ahead and moved you to size one diapers, but I feel like they look huge on you. Your umbilical cord stump fell off on day 8. I HATE that thing! We had professional pictures taken that day too and they turned out so great! You checked out perfect at your 2 week appointment.

We definitely don't have a schedule yet, but do have somewhat of a routine. During the day you are usually awake for 45-60 minutes (including eating at the beginning of that time) and then you'll take a 1.5 - 2 hour nap. Sometimes you nap in your crib and sometimes in the bouncer or swing. You're becoming more content during your waketime and are willing to play on your playmat or be in your bouncer instead of only in Mommy's arms. Your eyes light up and you almost get a smile on your face when Mommy talks to you or sings to you when you're awake.

You seem to love your car seat. You hate initially being strapped into it, but once it's in the car and we start moving, you fall right to sleep. Then you'll sleep the whole time we are out and about. It's been super cold the past month, so we don't get out everyday, but you've already been to the commissary, Target, McDonalds, church, the library, and mall. And we take Brennan to school every Tuesday and Thursday morning. You also like your bouncy seat and swing and will fall asleep in both of those. You don't seem to mind tummy time for at least a few minutes and you're able to turn your head from side to side. Your little legs just kick and kick when you're on your tummy like you're trying to crawl already. You have also started to make little noises and coos this past week. It's pretty cute! You get a bath about every third day right now and like the tubby for the most part.

You started off as a very easy baby, but this past week you've become much fussier. I'm afraid you have some tummy issues and Mommy might have to change up her diet some. I don't think I've eaten anything new, so I'm not sure why these issues seem to have started this week, but sometimes you'll scream and curl up your legs like you're in pain. I think you get a lot of air when you're eating and I know my letdown is fast and strong and you seem to have difficulty adjusting to it. It makes Mommy sad to think that you might be in pain, so I'm hopeful these issues don't last long.

The other frustration we have is that you get the hiccups a lot after eating. If we don't hold you upright with your head on our shoulder while you have the hiccups, then you projectile spit up, which is a big mess. Sometimes having to hold you upright makes it hard to get things done or to help your big brother. Speaking of your brother, he really seems to adore you. I pray you two will be great friends.

Your bedtime varies quite a bit right now. You aren't sleeping super long stretches at night. Sometimes you'll give me a 4.5 hour stretch, but most of the time it's closer to 3 hours between your feedings. I moved you to your crib on day 16 and you've been fine there. I hear you wake up for nighttime feedings, feed you on one side, change your diaper, and then feed you on the other. Then you get swaddled back up and I'll rock you for just a few minutes before laying you back in bed. Thankfully you usually go back to sleep easily. You aren't really a fan of the binky yet. Sometimes you'll take it if we're holding you, but most of the time it seems to make you gag. We don't really have a set waketime right now either. I'm hoping for 7ish so I can feed you and then get Brennan up at 7:30, but some mornings you'll wake at 6:30 to eat and seem tired still so I'll put you back to bed and you'll sleep until 8ish. I think I've just forgotten how inconsistent newborns are!

Everyone who sees you always comments about what a "pretty" baby you are. I guess handsome is a more manly word, but you are very cute and have such good skin. Your eyes are still blue and I'm wondering if they will stay way. Even though it's only been a month, I already love being your Momma so much!


Love,
Momma

I was undecided how I wanted to do Bryce's monthly pictures. I thought I should do something different than I did with Brennan and I don't expect Kyle to be home most of the time to help me with the pictures, so I decided to go with sitting him in the glider with a different giraffe for now. Not sure that's what it'll be every month and I don't like the angle of this picture, but it works for now. I do like how he's looking at the camera.
Bryce at one month
And one extra picture just for fun! Again I love his eye contact with the camera!

If you want to see what Brennan was up to at one month, click here!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...