Friday, February 1, 2013

Honor Your Father and Mother

Brennan worked on the letter "H" this week. He easily learned how to write the letter and was able to recite the verse in his version: "Honor your daddy and mommy" early in the week and the actual version by the week's end.

Here are a few of the activities I was able to capture on camera:

I decided to make some of our activities more physical this week. I spread out the "H" word cards on a blanket and Brennan hopped to the word I asked him to. He loved this activity.




And a video. We were able to involve Bryce too!

We also hopped to our three sight words we've learned so far with Raising Rock Stars Preschool. It's been neat watching Brennan recognize these words in stories we're reading.



This week he was excited to trace with a marker. I let him trace the "getting ready" page with his regular grip he normally chooses.

When he moved onto the the actual "H" tracing page, I had him use a correct grip. He wasn't too excited about it, but did try for me, so that was good. 



This toilet paper roll painting activity is all over Pinterest and with this being "H" week and Valentine's Day right around the corner, I thought it would be perfect to try this week. I wasn't sure what B would think of it, but he LOVED it. After he stamped lots of red hearts he asked to do some green ones too. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...