Happy Happy Birthday to you my big three year old! How is it even possible that you're already three?!? You got to ring in your birthday this weekend with a huge snowstorm! We got at least two feet of snow at our house! So glad it didn't snow like that three years ago when you were born! We will be having a Mickey Mouse birthday party on Saturday to celebrate your big day!
I won't have your official weight and height stats until Wednesday when you go to the doctor, but you've definitely been growing and are right at if not over 30 pounds now. After I came home from the hospital with Bryce, you looked huge to me. I'm not sure if you really had a growth spurt or if you just looked so much bigger when compared to your little brother.
You have been an excellent big brother so far. So much better than I could have ever imagined. You are still doing well at playing independently when I need to feed Bryce. You are more willing to try something again if you can't get it the first time, but still get frustrated easily at times too. You get concerned if he's crying and always want to know where he is. Sometimes you like to play on the playmat with him.
You've always liked puzzles, but are absolutely loving them right now. 25 piece puzzles are easy for you now. You are also a pro at the iPad and probably use it way too much, but it's been a lifesaver when I need to feed Bryce. You love any letter or number game I find for you, but your new favorite game is Flow. It's not even a kid's game, but you're so good at it. Just like always, you blow me away with how smart you are. You speak in full paragraphs now and talk and talk all day. People at church say you have your own little language because they can't always understand you, but your words are getting clearer all the time. You use past tense words a lot now; sometimes correctly and sometimes incorrectly. I think it's cute when you say, "Where'd Daddy went?"
You are doing great learning how to write your letters. You've always been able to trace them on the iPad, but now you can write some completely on your own since we started Raising Rock Stars Preschool. You also recite several Bible verses now. You like doing arts and crafts, especially painting. You also have a new interest in helping me in the kitchen. You like to stand on a kitchen chair and help me cook and you always help me when I give Bryce a bath.
You have really been enjoying playing basketball with our indoor hoop. You've gotten really good at shooting and if you miss you'll either say "air ball" or "brick". Daddy taught you those words. You definitely have more energy now than you used to. You love to run up and down the hall and love to crash onto the floor on purpose. Daddy tends to get you really hyper when he gets home from work, which is good so you can get some of that energy out. You still only want Mommy to give you a bath and put you to bed, but we are working on letting Daddy help out more. It wears Mommy out to get you all ready for bed and then have to go feed Bryce and get him ready for bed.
Even with baby Bryce being here now, your bedtime routine is pretty much the same. You get a bath and sometimes have a little more time to play after that. After you potty and brush your teeth, you get to read two stories and sometimes a short third one. (You've gotten really good at delaying bedtime with stories because you know Mommy loves that you love books). We also read your Bible each night, then pray, I sing you "Jesus Loves Me" and another song I made up that I have to sing each now, and then you go to bed. You are still waking up wet in the mornings, but you're almost always dry at naptime now, so that's good. You sleep great at night still and take a 2 hour nap each day.
You love movies and watch them too much during meals. I've mentioned before it's a habit we need to break, but it's so nice to have you happily occupied during meals. Your current favorites are Lilo and Stitch, Up, and Toy Story 2 and 3. You watch them intently and know the name of every character. You have also learned Mommy and Daddy's first names and have called us by those a few times.
You continue to excel at school. You love your teachers and you've made some good friends there too. Your teacher continually tells me what a smart boy you are. I think you'll definitely be a good student in school!
As sweet as you are, you certainly have your frustrating moments. You still like the word "no" a lot and can drag your feet when I ask you to do something quickly with the best of them. We constantly talk about obeying Mommy and Daddy. However, even in the frustrating moments, I love you so very much. You really are a sweetheart and love people. You love giving hugs and are just super friendly. And even though you're three now and a big brother, you'll always be my baby. Love you bunches!
Love,
Mommy
After Brennan wakes up from nap, I'll try to get a giraffe picture, but for now here's a picture from this morning! He's excited to be 3!
Monday, February 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I've been waiting all day for this! Seriously. I've checked your blog almost hourly. :)
Post a Comment