Thursday, February 6, 2014

Dear Bryce,

You are 13 months old today. I can't believe a month has already gone by since your first birthday. I don't feel like a lot has changed over the past month, but there are a few things I'd like to remember. You are still wearing mostly 12-18 month clothes and size 3 diapers. Here's what else you've been up to:

The biggest change is that you are finally sleeping! Glory be! Hallelujah! Now that I've actually typed that on the blog, tonight will probably be a rough night, but for the most part you are consistently sleeping through the night. Some mornings you will wake around 6:30 and fuss a little in your bed until I come and get you at 7, but most days you sleep until a little after 7 and it's such a welcomed improvement! Most days you are still taking two naps, but sometimes just an afternoon one.

You now have seven teeth with the eighth one almost ready to pop through. You are a drooling machine and I think the teething gave you a pretty bad diaper rash earlier this week. Thankfully it cleared up quickly. You also have a little bit of a cold, but thankfully it doesn't seem to be affecting your sleep.

Obviously a big part of this last month was our trip to Disney. I know you were way too young to ever remember it, but you had fun. You became quick buddies with your GeeGee and were so content to ride in the stroller for long periods of time at the parks. You even loved meeting the characters and weren't afraid at all. This was already your 3rd round trip on a plane, so you're going to be a traveling pro just like your brother.

You still aren't walking yet, but have started using your push toy to get around. We are encouraging you a take a step every single day, but so far it's just been more like a little foot forward while falling. I know you'll get there and once you do I'll wish you weren't walking everywhere, but I'm excited for this next step. You can crawl and cruise and climb anywhere you want to go for now. It's pretty funny to watch you crawl if someone is chasing after you or says to you, "I'm gonna get you!" because you take off into this stealth speed.

You still don't really say any words. You can say "dada" and "momma" and a few other things here and there, but nothing super consistent. You understand a lot though. When I tell you it's tubby time, you crawl right to the tub. When we ask Ringo if he wants a treat or a bone, you crawl right to the hall closet where we keep them. If you hear the microwave beep, you beeline for the kitchen assuming I'm heating up water for your bottle.

I've been working hard with you on identifying body parts, but the only one you seem to know is penis. Go figure. We did start Tot School after we got back from Disney, so that's been fun. I haven't really been planning out super original activities for you, but just watching you become more interactive with toys is neat. One of the cutest things you do right now is pick up stuffed animals and give them a big huge. Seriously cute!

You are a Momma's boy for sure. You do get super excited to see Daddy when he first gets home from work, but most the time you want to be with Mommy. You are constantly pulling at my pants legs when I am cooking dinner and often end up in your highchair with a snack during that time. Speaking of eating, you have been a pretty good eater lately. The teething thing set you back for a few days, but most the time you eat your big brother under the table. You can eat more than slice of pizza in a sitting. You devoured lasagna the first time I let you have that. And just the other day you ate six Munchkins from Dunkin Donuts in one sitting. I can't believe you're still so scrawny with all you've been eating!

We have your professional one-year pictures coming up next weekend, so I'm super excited about those. I have a feeling that you'll be a full-time walker by my next update too. I also think it's about time to get you a haircut. I don't think I can look at your mullet too much longer. You are a sweet, sweet boy and I love it when you lay your head on my shoulder and snuggle with me. And I especially love it when you sleep through the night, so keep that up please. :)

Love,
Mommy

Much to the disappointment of the 4-5 people who care, I don't think I'm going to keep doing giraffe pictures for Bryce now that he's over a year old. When Brennan was still immobile at this age, they were easy to still do, but not so much with Bryce. So enjoy his one year picture in case you didn't get to see it before and few other iPhone photos of my silly boy.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...