Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Dear Brennan,

Today you are four years old. I am simply amazed that four years have already gone by.





I'll start off by giving your answers to some questions I asked you yesterday.

 1. What's your favorite color? Pink
 2. What's your favorite song? Jesus Loves Me
 3. What's your favorite book? Who Will Be My Valentine This 
     Year? (a current library book)
 4. What's your favorite tv show? Team Umizoomi and Caillou
 5. What's your favorite movie? Frozen 
 6. What do you like to drink? Chocolate milk
 7. What do you like to eat for lunch? Macaroni and cheese
 8. What's your favorite snack? Goldfish
 9. Who's your best friend? Anna and Marie 
     (we saw Marie yesterday at Target, so she was on his mind)
10. Who's your girlfriend? Mommy. Wait, I love you Mommy
      but I love GaGa too. 
11. What's your favorite thing to do with Mommy? Play games
12. What's your favorite thing to do with Daddy? Wrestle
13. What's your favorite game? Uno Attack
14. What's your favorite restaurant? Chilis
15. What's your favorite iPad game? My new ping pong game
16. What's your favorite place to go on vacation? Golfing
17. What's your favorite thing to do outside? Go sledding
18. What do you want to be when you grow up? Doctor

You were so funny and kept asking me to ask even more questions, but I was running out of things to ask. Here are some other things I want to remember about you at this age...

You currently wear mostly 4T shirts, but still mainly 3T pants. Your shoe size is still a tiny 8. We've made big progress during this past week and you are now wearing underpants at nighttime and that's going great. It's funny because you used to be so picky about not wanting a single thing in bed with you. Now you sleep with nine stuffed animals every night. They all have a specific spot that have to be too. You just recently started complaining about it being too dark in your room (after almost four years of wanting it pitch black) so now you have a small nightlight. Our bedtime routine really hasn't changed much at all in four years. I still read you two stories every night, read from your Bible and pray with you, sing you two songs, then kiss you goodnight. You currently want 10 kisses and 100 hugs each night. Most days you still take a 2-hour nap and then go to bed between 7:30-8 each night. You've always been such a good sleeper!

You go to school three days each week for 2.5 hours and love it. We also see some of your favorite friends from school at the library on Thursdays for story time. You go to AWANA on Sunday nights and love being a part of the Cubbies. You easily learn your scripture each week and enjoy playing games there. You are also a part of the Cherub Choir at church and tend to steal the show during the monthly performances. In March, you will move to a new 4-year-old Sunday school class. You are looking forward to the change, but it also means you'll have to sit through some of the church service with us now until you're dismissed for children's church. I'm so glad you love church so much!

I've always said you're a smart boy and that certainly still applies. You can read entire books completely on your own. You've picked up books you've never even seen before and read them. You simply love learning and are always asking questions. The things you know never cease to amaze me. Like how you know the exit number of every place we go to off the highway. Or how you are so good at reading a clock and even know a new hour starts after :59. You can count by 10s easily and can count backwards from 20 quick as a flash. 

I love seeing all the things you can do independently now. You go pee in the bathroom alone. You can reach the bathroom faucet to turn the water on and off by yourself. You can reach your bedroom light switch which is really high up. You use the trackpad on the laptop by yourself now. You put your shoes on alone and take your coat and snow clothes off by yourself. But then I also love that there are still some things you're baby about; like how you want to be carried from the car if it's dark outside or if there's snow on the ground. I don't love the babyish whining that still happens a lot. We are constantly working on that and on obeying Mommy and Daddy the first time without grumbling or arguing. 

One of my absolute favorite things right now is our morning time together. You still stay in your bed and wait for 7:00 before you say, "Mommy I'm ready to get up now". Then most mornings I come in there and crawl in bed with you. We get to snuggle for a little bit and you just keep telling me over and over again that you love me. It is the best! 

You are still obsessed with the iPad and play it way too much. You are constantly asking for new games on it. You also love golfing right now. You like playing mini-golf and love watching golf on TV. You've gotten in a bunch of sledding time with Mommy and Daddy this winter because it snows once or twice every single week it seems. Wrestling is still probably your number one choice of activities though; especially with Daddy! 

Goodness, I'm sure there are so many things I am leaving out. You always tell me you're not a baby, but you'll always be my baby. I love you so much, my sweet boy. 

Love, 
Mommy

Enjoy some pictures from yesterday and today!









I love his face in this next one when he realizes he's opening the game "Sorry". It was the only thing he asked for for his birthday.










No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...