Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Disney - Mini-Golfing and Magic Kingdom

Sheesh! It's taken me forever to finish writing this post!

We arrived in Orlando Wednesday night. On Thursday morning, it was a little rainy. Once the boys woke up and had some breakfast, we all went for a walk around the resort lake. It was sprinkling when we started walking, but cleared up before we were done. While walking we decided we would pick a place to go mini-golfing. Brennan LOVES mini-golfing. We went during our family vacation to Myrtle Beach in 2012 and he's been talking about it ever since.

We had a brochure about a place where you could golf and eat at Cici's Pizza for $11.99 total and that sounded good to everyone, so we headed there. It started springing on us again on the 18th hole, but it was a fun, easy-going way to start off our vacation. The boys actually got to take a nap that day and we just had a low-key evening at the resort too. We went to a special balcony on the 17th floor at 9pm to watch the Epcot fireworks show, but for some reason Brennan decided he was scared of them and stayed inside. Then it was bedtime for everyone!

Friday we headed to Magic Kingdom. This was my dad's very first time ever going to Disney. My mom hadn't been in 30 years. I told them we had to start with Magic Kingdom. It's the best for kids in my opinion. We headed there around 8:30am so we could get a pretty early start to our day. We had to get our Park-hopper passes upon arriving at the Ticket and Transportation Center because I just had little paper vouchers from the military I had bought in CT. There was no line though, so it went super fast. We rode the monorail to Magic Kingdom and began our day. 

We were pretty lucky because when we first walked into the park, Minnie Mouse was standing right there for a meet and greet. I had done a lot more research this time on where to meet specific characters and hadn't expected to see her right away. She's Brennan's favorite so he was super excited and wanted to jump into line right away. I wasn't sure what Bryce's reaction to the characters would be, but he wasn't afraid at all.



Brennan wanted to walk through the castle, so we headed that way. Our first stop was Mickey's Philharmagic. We had never done this in our previous trips and I really wanted to do it this time. Total Mommy fail. Brennan hated it! He has seen one other 3D movie and it scared him a little, but this one totally freaked him out. In his defense the movie was ridiculously loud. He ended up sitting on my Mom's lap since I had Bryce in mine and was ok watching without his glasses on. 

After that traumatic experience we rode It's a Small World. I know it's not an exciting ride, but it's one of my favorites. Brennan was happy again, so that was good. 

We then went and grabbed Fast Passes for the Little Mermaid ride. We had done that ride on our last trip, but this was my first time using a Fast Pass. They are amazing! We had about 35 minutes or so until we could ride, so we headed over to the Dumbo ride. Bryce had fallen asleep in the stroller at this point and once we got to that area, Brennan remembered you could meet Minnie inside the circus area. My parents stayed with sleeping Bryce and Brennan and I went inside to first meet Goofy and Donald and then got back into the other line to meet Daisy and Minnie.




For whatever reason when Brennan woke up Friday morning he started saying he wanted to sing his ABCs to Minnie. He forgot to sing them to the Minnie at the front of Magic Kingdom, but he remembered while waiting in line to meeting this Minnie. After he hugged her, he started singing and everyone waiting in line thought it was the cutest thing ever. They all clapped for him when he was done. It was one of the highlights of the trip for sure!

Once he was done singing, we walked out and there was a clown juggling. He stopped Brennan and asked if he could juggle. When Brennan said, "No" he told him he'd teach him a different trick. He got Brennan to balance the spinning plate on his finger...

...while standing on one foot. It was pretty cute.

We still had a few minutes before we could go ride The Little Mermaid, so GaGa and Brennan rode the Dumbo ride together. The wait was only 5 minutes, so they didn't even play at the inside playground area. As soon as they were done, he asked to ride it again with me. Bryce was awake at this point so he rode with us too!

We then headed to The Little Mermaid ride. Using a Fast Pass was amazing. It's a very simple ride, but I really like it. After that we headed to the Teacups. We hadn't ridden that ride before and Brennan was so excited. This was him waiting in line. My mom and I rode with him and while waiting I noticed there was a barely any line for Pooh and Tigger so we headed over there next.


My parents were getting hungry by this point, so we headed into Tomorrowland and ate at the Starlight Cafe. On our previous visits to Disney, Kyle and I have always just brought sandwiches for Brennan to eat and snacked during the day. Brennan wasn't too happy at first about stopping and having to sit down for lunch, but it ended up being a nice little break. We were able to find a table and our food was ready quickly and tasted really good. 

I don't have a ton of pictures from Tomorrowland. Kyle and I had never taken Brennan into that section of Magic Kingdom before, but it was cute. We got Fast Passes for the Buzz Lightyear ride and then went into the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. I thought that show was really cute. They pick people from the audience to be a part of the show and my dad was selected as Mike Wazowski. We also rode the People Mover ride. It had some parts that were in the dark that Brennan didn't care for, but it was a nice relaxing sit down ride. I knew I wanted to meet Stitch in Tomorrowland even though we'd be seeing him at breakfast on Monday, so we got in that super short line next. Then it was off to the Buzz Lightyear ride, which wasn't that great. We ended our time in Tomorrowland by doing the Carousel of Progress. I can vividly remember doing that on a trip to Disney with my grandparents when I was 9. Brennan LOVED it. I'm not sure why since I'd consider it more of an adult thing, but he really did. Again it was a relaxing time to just sit and watch (and let my dad get a short nap!)


We headed towards Adventureland next. We stopped and waited in line to meet Merida from Brave on our way, but the line didn't move hardly an inch for the longest time, then she took a 20 minute break, so we decided it wasn't worth it. In Adventureland, Brennan and I rode Aladdin's Magic Carpet while my parents got us Fast Passes for the Jungle Cruise. We walked around a little bit waiting for our turn. The Jungle Cruise was cute. The tour guide had all these crazy puns during the boat ride.

We were pretty much done at that point. I would've loved to have stayed for the fireworks, but we started heading back for the entrance. Brennan decided he did want to go into the Theater and meet Mickey so I took him in there really quickly. It was cute because this Mickey actually talks.



We ended our day by riding the Main St, USA Railroad completely around the park and took the monorail back to the ticketing and transportation center. We were there from 9am-6pm I think. It was such a fun day and the boys were so well behaved. I seriously can't wait to go back again!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...