Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Hollywood Studios

The Saturday of our trip was supposed to be the warmest day of the week, so we decided to start the day off at the resort pool. I don't have any pictures of our time there, but it's so fun to be able to swim in January. I'm not sure I'd want to live in Florida year-round, but I can definitely see myself loving spending winters there! We spent some time at the closest pool to our room (I think the resort itself has five or more pools) then headed over to the lazy river. After that we went over to a second lazy river.

Before we knew it, it was already almost one o'clock so we headed back up to the room to get ready to go to Hollywood Studios. We knew there wasn't going to be a ton for Brennan to do at Hollywood Studios, so that's why we decided to head there in the afternoon and not make a full day of it.

To be honest, when we first arrived I thought it was going to be a terrible day. It was hot and crowded. We found the line to meet Buzz and Woody and it was a little over 30-mintues long and Brennan started whining that he didn't want to wait, so we moved on. We did see a green army man from Toy Story, so Brennan had to get his picture with him. We went to the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids playground next. My parents stayed with Bryce in the stroller and I took Brennan in. It didn't go so well. He was being super clingy and whiny. I went down a slide with him and then he did decide to go down alone, but when he did he hit his head and started crying. I felt like crying and leaving.






Thankfully the day turned around after that.

We went and found Pizza Planet because I thought Brennan would like eating there. It was more of a dive than I expected, but Brennan loves an arcade (even a ghetto one), so he was happy. The food was decent and Bryce ate well too. After eating we walked a little and saw Phineas and Ferb. Brennan has never watched that show and didn't know who they were, but was all excited to meet them. He just loves any character. There was basically no line, so we met them. Bryce loved them too. Mater and Lightning McQueen were just around the corner, so we met them next.




After that we went back to check on the line for Buzz and Woody, it was just a little shorter than before and I asked the cast members where we could meet Mike and Sully from Monster's Inc. They told me where, but said those characters leave for the day in about 15 minutes so we needed to head there before meeting Buzz and Woody. I loved Mike and Sully. I really like both Monster movies and I think they're both so cute.

Then we did finally decide to wait in the line for Buzz and Woody. It moved pretty fast and there are lots of little places setup throughout the line to stop and take pictures. The Buzz and Woody pictures are some of my favorites from the entire trip!







Next, we went to the Disney Jr. Live show. I really liked it. You sit on the floor and it only has one live actor with the rest puppets, but it's super cute. I swear I got teary-eyed during the show because Brennan was so happy. I love watching him interact and smiling and clapping along. Bryce sat right with us on the floor and was loving it as well. Thankfully there were a few couches to sit on, so my parents were happy too.

The whole afternoon we had been trying to convince Brennan to stay for the fireworks show. He was adamantly against it and it was close to start time after the Disney Jr. show. I took him quickly to go meet Mickey from Fantasia and then he decided to go to the Fantasmic show even though Brennan was crying that he didn't want to. I'm glad we did. We got there almost at start time so we were ushered in with a huge crowd and had to walk to the far end of the amphitheater. It ended up being perfect because we went to the very top of the theater and our bleachers had backs on them unlike the rest. The show is pretty neat. Video is projected onto walls of water. There are just a very small amount of fireworks, so Brennan even enjoyed it. They do show lots of images of Disney villains and Brennan still talks about how he didn't like the "bad people", but overall it was a pretty show and I'm glad we stayed.

When it was over, we sat in our seats for a long time waiting for the crowd to go down. When we did leave, it started raining as soon as we got out of the amphitheater. At first it was a few drops, then it started pouring. We got Brennan in the stroller so he stayed pretty dry. I had Bryce in the Ergo because he was almost asleep, but once the rain really started coming down, he stayed awake. We thought about stopping under an awning or something and waiting it out, but decided to just keep on walking. It stopped raining just before we made it to our car, but we were soaked. It was a pretty funny ending to our day.

We didn't ride a single ride, but we met some of my favorite characters that day. I don't know if I'd go back to Hollywood Studios again with the boys being so young, but I am glad we go to experience during this trip. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...