Saturday, February 18, 2012

I Dig Being 2!

Today we had Brennan's 2nd birthday party. It was a lot of fun. We had eight toddlers and four babies here celebrating along with lots of Mommies and Daddies and even an Aunt Kathryn! I wanted to share some pictures from the party. I hope to come back later and give you more details on parts of the party, but you can enjoy these for now!

I just wanted the kids to be able to play, play, play in the basement, so we put a ton of different toys down there. You can also see some of the signs I made trying to keep the construction theme consistent.
Here the kids could have races.

B's train table - this ended up being a favorite activity

We brought B's workbench downstrairs.

I put play-doh on this table, but we didn't play with it. Kids did sit at the table though.

We put the Mega Blocks down there.

Even the little kids were able to enjoy the car ramp.

Kyle put this house together last night from a refrigerator box!

Here's Brennan's "jump jump" that he got for his bday!

The ceiling was lined with tissue paper pom-poms and balloons.

When the kids came in, they each received a hard hat and an apron. 

The overflowing food table! Lots of yummy eats!


Here are some pictures of the kids having fun at the party!
Morgan on the jump jump.

"Organized" chaos!

Erin on the jump jump.

I love this shot of B coming out of his house. He LOVES his new cardboard house!
We had stickers and markers for the kids to decorate the house.

Oh, Parker!

Ethan spent most of the party at the train table!

Sweet Emma!

Baby Camryn!

McKenna had fun playing basketball.

Baby Rowan!
After lots of playing and a little bit of eating dinner (I mean who really wants to stop playing to eat??), we sang "Happy Birthday" to Brennan. He wasn't too excited about it and needed help blowing out his candles, but he LOVED eating his dirt cake!




Then it was time to open presents!





It's always good to have friends who want to help!
B got a super sweet police car from Parker!
Thanks to everyone who came to Brennan's party and helped make it a memorable event!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

how did you get the aprons for free? I want to do this theme for my son and I would love to know any tips!

Rachel said...

When we had the party, Home Depot gave them to us for free. Not sure they do it anymore. I know kids get one if they complete a workshop there so they have for that reason. Home Depot also gave us a large refrigerator box that my hubby made into a house.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...