You are wearing size 5 diapers now. You wear 2T clothes. You don't go for your checkup until the 22nd, so I don't know your official stats yet. Everyday you get faster and faster at walking. You still aren't off and running, but I'm sure it won't be long. You still really struggle with climbing. You usually just refuse to do it and just ask for help. You can't jump yet. You bend your knees and bounce up and down, but don't actually get off the ground. Lala and GaGa bought you a trampoline for your birthday, so I'm thinking that will help you get the hang of jumping.
You continue to say more and more words. I say words, but really you still just say mostly initial sounds. But wow, you understand so so much! You really are such a smart boy. You can get whiny sometimes, but we've been reminding you to use your big boy words and then you usually are able to tell us what you want. Most of the time you want a snack. :) You still love letters, numbers, shapes, and colors. You get so excited to say your ABCs and count to 10. You really are a just a little nerd. I love it!
One of my current favorite things you do is when I ask you, "What kind of choices does Momma want you to make?" your response is always, "Goo". That's because many times a day I ask you to make good choices. Most of the time you are a good listener. We are working on following directions the first time given. If you don't immediately follow a direction, I'll remind you to obey and then you almost always do.
During the past month, you have really started to like matching games. You like to match your Go Fish cards. You like to match skinny and fat markers of the same color. You're also able to match cards that have a certain number of hearts on them with corresponding card that has that number. You also love walking up and down ramps. That's probably your favorite part of going to the mall right now. Going "boom" (wrestling) with Dada is daily occurrence. Some of your other favorite things are choo choos, puzzles, school buses, and talking on any pretend phone (or phone-like object) to Parker.
You have some new television shows you like. You still love "Wiggles". That is really the only show that you sit down and give you undivided attention. You now also like to watch "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and "Chuggington". When you want to watch tv, you walk up to the television and say "tee".
We talk a lot about going potty, but haven't started potty training yet. Mommy is ready to start, but I don't want to rush you. You do tell me after you go poop now, so you're certainly becoming more aware. However, you still wake up wet every morning and that's without having anything to drink after 5pm.
Brennan, Momma loves you so very much. You are such a sweet, smart, sensitive little man and the past two years have been absolutely amazing! Being your Mommy is the best job I could ever imagine!
Love,
Momma
Brennan back at 23 months
Brennan today at 2 years old!
I'll go ahead and share some other pictures from today. As I mentioned above, Brennan got a trampoline for his birthday. We took pictures of his reaction to it today. He loved it! He did seem a little confused though because his best friend, Parker, has the same "jump jump" and Brennan kept saying "Par" over and over again. I think he thinks we stole it!
Beth and Luke were able to come down from Middletown to celebrate with us tonight. After some yummy pizza, we sang "Happy Birthday" to Brennan and enjoyed some cupcakes. Brennan wasn't too into his, but did try a few bites. The first picture cracks me up; he almost looks afraid to touch the cupcake.
It's been a pretty good day celebrating with our big boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment