Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tot School - 15 Months

Tot School

Where did this past week go? Now that Brennan has dropped his morning nap, I am making an effort to get out of the house each morning. I haven't exactly figured out how to incorporate Tot School into our new schedule on a daily basis, so we just did a few activities here and there. 

I have been wanting to buy some Do-a-Dot markers for a while now and actually went out last weekend and did it! I was hoping B would like using them more than crayons since they are so much bigger. They were a hit! He had a good ole time putting dots all over the paper.

I love this series of shots of him figuring out what to do.  We did the first fews dots already on the paper together.



Then he used the orange. I love the motion in the first shot. That dot marker was flying!


He also loves just playing with the markers. He takes them out of the box and puts them back in over and over and over again. 

We did a transferring activity this week. I got the idea here. I gave B some uncooked mezze penne and let him put it in an empty wipe container. It was super easy for him.


He was able to do it in the pictures above, but then I realized I put the wipe container on his left. I moved it to his right so he could use his right hand.

Once all the pasta was in the container, I thought he would like shaking it. He normally loves shaking things and making noises, but he was not having it as you can see from the pics below!



I also mixed flour, water, and blue food coloring in a baggie for him to squish around. Again I thought he would love this activity, but he had very little interest. Oh well.

Like I said, we've been getting out of the house a lot more now, so here are a few pics of other things we were up to this week!
We spent time outside in the yard.

We went swinging at the playground.

We played at the mall.

We shared ice cream!

We went back to the playground again!

We even got to go to the beach!

You can check out more great pictures of B and our time spent outside here!

Be sure to head over to Carisa's blog to see more Tot School fun!

1 comment:

Ewa said...

Your boy is so cute ;-) I love his smiling face while doing the dot to dot activity ;-)
Hugs from Poland
Ewa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...