Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dear Brennan,

You are 15 months old. An immobile, great sleeping, 15-month-old! It doesn't get much better than that! Here is what past month has looked like:

You still wear 12-18 month clothes. I am ready for warmer weather, so you can wear some new clothes. Most days you despise getting dressed or having your diaper changed. You are still wearing size 3 diapers during the day and size 4 at night. You still sometimes pee out of your overnight diapers at night.

Mommy still tries to do Tot School with you, but hasn't been as inspired to do it as much. I did just buy you some Do-a-Dot markers and you have been having fun with those. You'll use them to make dots on paper some, but you really just like playing with them with the caps still on. You'll take them out of the box and then put them back in. We've been working more on pointing to your facial features. You prefer to point to them on someone else, but most of the time can show me your eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, tongue, ears, hair, tummy, feet, and penis. Haha! You will also point to your heart when I ask you, "Where does Jesus live?"

You absolutely love The Wiggles. Most people find them annoying, but I enjoy watching it because it brings you so much enjoyment. You have had a love for music since you were very young and it continues today. You also have a new love for Elmo. We will watch Elmo videos on the computer during breakfast.

Still no crawling. I guess by now it's pretty official that you skipped that stage. You also still haven't pulled yourself to standing. I am shocked that I have never found you sitting or standing in your crib! We are making some progress with walking. Just after you turned 14 months, you started wanting to walk everywhere. You do a pretty good job when Mommy or Daddy hold onto both your hands. You're still too unsteady to do it if we only hold one hand. You have also started walking with push toys.

I don't think you have said any new words. You make tons of sounds. You sign "please" all the time, but sometimes I don't know why you're saying it. You also seem to think signing "please" means you should be able to get anything. Boy oh boy if you don't get what you want, you can throw a good ole fit now! Arms and legs flailing and hands hitting your head! Thankfully those fits don't last long. I usually just ignore them and you stop. You did throw a super long fit this past Sunday when I dropped you off in the church nursery. You cried for 40 minutes straight! You are a Momma's boy for sure!

You still have only eight teeth. You continue to be a really good eater. It's so nice because you can pretty much eat the same thing we eat now. The next step is to try to get you to feed yourself with a spoon! I forgot to mention in your last update that will hold your own sippy cup now. I love when you drink your milk after you wake up for the day and nap because you snuggle in my lap while you drink it. Once you start walking, I'm not sure that will last, so I am cherishing those moments!

I mentioned in an earlier post that you are now down to only one nap each day! Sometimes you get a little fussy in the morning, but most days you are handling it well. Yesterday you slept for 3.5 hours! Today only 1 hour, so that was pretty stinky! Going down for a nap at noon is working well because it allows us to get out of the house in the morning. We go to the aquarium a lot because Mommy bought a membership there. We also frequent the library, mall, and Target.  You are still a good sleeper at night too. You still go to bed early, usually between 6:30-7:00 and will get up between 7:00-7:30.

You are such a sweet boy! I hope you know how loved you are!

Love,
Mommy

Brennan back at 14 months!

Brennan today at 15 months!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...