Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday's Fab Five

Happy Fabulous Friday!

1. The biggest news of the day is....
...I overcame my fear of birds! What in the world did you think the news was?!?! Well, at least I am on the path to overcoming that fear. Brennan and I met some friends at the aquarium today. They have a newly open exhibit called Birds of the Outback. Aquarium members get into the exhibit for free during the month of May. I have been contemplating going in there and today I did it! It was SO scary! They give you a feeding stick and as soon as I walked in there (I was holding Brennan also) the birds were all over me! Their little claws hurt when they land on your hand! Some of the birds were really pretty. I especially liked the little blue ones in the picture above because they were sweet and matched my shirt! Brennan really liked the birds, but didn't like it when they landed on him. Thankfully that only happened twice. They were really only interested in me since I had the food stick. Even though it was frightening and I did flinch several times as birds flew by my head, I am super glad I went there!
Krysti's son, Sam, checking out the birds.

Birds of the Outback exhibit!
2. Check out this adorable guy!
He picked up on that really quickly. When I first tried to teach him, he kept pointing to his nose, but then yesterday he started pointing to his heart (or at least close to it). I have so many good memories of Sunday school, VBS, and children's church choirs from when I was a kid and I pray Brennan will have great memories like that too!

3. We are singing a new song with the praise team this Sunday! I always get excited when add new songs to our repertoire! 
4. Here is something fabulously funny. One of Brennan's new favorite things to do is to be pushed in the stroller. He has ALWAYS loved the stroller and enjoyed going for walks. He and I will play in the basement sometimes and occasionally the stroller is in the basement instead of in the car. He will point to the stroller and grunt meaning he wants to go get in and then he just wants to be pushed around the basement! It is too funny! We will just go around and around and around the basement couch. It seems really boring to me, but he just leans back and enjoys the ride. It makes me happy that it keeps him entertained and I guess it gets me a little bit of exercise!

5. Sunday is Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day to all you Mommies out there! Here is a pic from last year's Mother's Day! I will update after Sunday with a new picture!

Have a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

AbbyS. said...

HAppy Mothers Day Rachel!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...