Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday's Fab Five

I am thinking about switching my Friday's Fab Five to Wednesdays and linking up to Jamie's What I'm Loving. What are your thoughts? I don't think I have enough material to be able to do both of them only two days apart. I just thought it might be fun to join a link-up instead of just me doing my Fab Five alone.

1. Even though it has been a very rainy week, I've had fun playing with my little B-Nugget. I've been more inspired to do Tot School this week (probably to keep him busy, so I don't go crazy staying in the house), so be sure to come back on Sunday for a picture-filled post of his activities from the week!

2. We did managed to make it out of the house some. On Wednesday we met some friends at the Children's Museum of Southeastern CT. I had been there once before with my friend Alicia. Since B is only taking one nap per day, it worked out for us to meet our friends there this week. I think he had a good time. Once he is walking on his own he will love it. That will also free Mommy up to have some adult conversation instead of having to help B walk everywhere. The best part is our library has a free pass. I called up the library on Tuesday to reserve the pass, went and picked it up that afternoon, and it was due back on Thursday! Easy pleasy!

3. I had mentioned before that I ordered the book One Thousand Gifts. I was really excited to get it and start reading it. However, I'll have to admit that once I started reading it, I was really surprised by it. It is a difficult read for me. Ann Voskamp writes in a very unique way. It's not a book that just sucks me in. I read the first three chapters relatively quickly, but then the book sat on our end table for weeks without being touched. I am happy that I did open it again this week and enjoyed it more than before. I even went back and wrote down some of the parts I had underlined in the first three chapters. There's some good stuff in there!
"There's a reason I am not writing the story and God is. He knows how it all works out, where it all leads, and what it all means. I don't." (page 21)
"Joy is always possible." (page 33)
"Learn how to be thankful - whether empty or full." (page 47)
"Give thanks in this one small thing. The moments will add up." (page 57)
"The real problem of life is never a lack of time. The real problem of life - in my life - is lack of thanksgiving." (page 72)
4. Val was kind enough to bring me dinner last night! We didn't have praise team practice, so we decided we would meet for dinner instead. Well B wasn't feeling well, so she offered to pick up take out and just come to the house. It worked out great because B was pretty cranky. He does seem to be feeling much better today, so that's fabulous!

5. B and I had a playdate over at Amanda's this morning. Again it was nice to get out of the house and see some friends. I am super excited because we are going with Amanda and Parker tomorrow to Touch-a-Truck in Niantic. I think the boys will have an awesome time!

I'll leave you with a Tot School preview! This picture cracks me up! He got so excited about shaking those spices!








1 comment:

valerie said...

you should do WIL Wednesday and then the 5 question friday! I think that's what I will start doing. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...