Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tot School - 15 Months

Tot School


It was rainy here most of the week, so it was important for me to find some engaging activities to keep B entertained. Check out what we did!

Sometimes the best ideas just come to you out of the blue! I gave Brennan an empty milk gallon and he LOVED playing with it. He treats everything like it's a drum so he beat on it. He also liked knocking it over (another favorite activity of his). It was great for sliding back and forth between the two of us too!



I cannot wait to try water play with spice containers like they did here, but I don't have any empty spice containers yet. (I have been tempted to empty one into another container, but haven't done that). I decided to just let B play with the spice containers while I watched him like a hawk. I don't think he'd be able to open them, but you never know. He loved shaking them and beating them together!
Isn't that face awesome?!?!




Then, with no prompting from me, he starting stacking them! I was so proud of him. Two weeks ago he showed very little interest in stacking. I was hootin' and hollerin' because I was so excited he was stacking them! So glad I still had the camera close by to capture this series of shots!



I grabbed another spice container and he tried to add it to the top, but with three it was a little too high for him to do it alone while sitting!

I borrowed Carisa's idea and pulled out a cookie sheet this week. I stuck his blue and green Leapfrog Phonics letters to it and had him show me the "B". He can pick out the "B" every time and I love it!

I tried to get him to help me sort the letters by color, but he had no idea. I guess the exposure is still good for him.

I then made a pattern with the letters and again had him find the "B."



Had to capture a picture of B watching The Wiggles. It's his favorite!

Brennan really enjoys playing outside now and doesn't understand why we can't go out when it is pouring down rain. I didn't want to get wet, but didn't mind if he did, so we did some water play again this week. This time I spread towels on the kitchen floor and let him have at it!


While exploring around our guest bedroom, Brennan showed interest in a jar with spools that sits on a shelf and an idea was born! I let him pull them out and stack them. I also would like to try to have him thread them, but I think that will have to wait until he's a little older.



He also played with the little abacus also from the guest room.

And got to fill in for our neighborhood crossing guard! :)

Unfortunately B had a pretty nasty cold during the middle of the week and we spent a lot of time like this:

By Saturday he was feeling much better and we went to Touch-a-Truck with Amanda and Parker! It was a little boy's heaven on earth!


Brennan had is 15-month check-up this past week too. The doctor recommended we start some physical therapy with him to work on his core strength. He isn't walking yet on his own, but also has never crawled, can't get to a seated position from lying down, and has never pulled himself to standing. I take him for his initial PT evaluation on Monday morning. I am actually looking forward to it. Please pray it goes well and is more fun than work for our little guy!

Make sure you head over to Carisa's blog for more great Tot School ideas!

2 comments:

valerie said...

i'm so glad you're documenting this! if i am ever blessed with a child i am SOOOO coming to this to pull ideas from! i love it! :)

Julie said...

Go Brennan! That spice bottle stacking is seriously impressive! I think I'd have to concentrate to do that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...