Back again with another week of Tot School! Check it out, B's Tot School was actually done in regular clothes and not in pajamas!
If you know someone who is expecting a baby and are looking to buy something for them, let me recommend some kind of play mat! Brennan loved his when he was a baby. He'd just lay on his back and hit the animals hanging down or look in the mirror. We'd also use it for him tummy time. Now at almost 15 months he STILL loves it. It has always been stored under his crib and he knows that, so when he wants to play with it, he just points under the crib.
| He can turn the music on and off by himself now. |
| Finding the giraffe! This boy knows his giraffes for sure! |
We also worked on stacking this week. These blocks might be a little small for him. He is able to do it, but only likes to stack one more on top of what I have already built and is then ready to knock it all down.
| He is also holding onto a picture of his future wife, Adah. |
I really want to get him these.
We miss you, Adah!
| Brennan giving Adah kisses. |
| Pointing to Adah. |
We have used these nesting strainers before for Tot School, but pulled them out again this week. It loves nesting them, but did not want to stack them at all.
I wanted Brennan to work on transferring with a spoon. He wasn't too into it. I think it was a little too hard for him.
| He was excited to try! |
| He wouldn't/couldn't use the spoon to pick up the balls, but would put the balls in the spoon himself. |
| Then he'd transfer it to the other bowl. |
Here are some of B's current favorite books; all have flaps he can flip!
Our big news is that Brennan is down to only one nap/day. I am shocked! He has always LOVED naptime and I thought he'd hold onto that morning nap for a lot longer. He had been playing quietly in his crib during morning nap instead of sleeping, so I decided to try just one nap last week and he's been doing well. It's an adjustment for me, but we are trying to get out of the house in the morning. Then by the time we get back, it's lunchtime, and then he goes down for a nap at 12. I am excited to start doing more playdates in the morning now!
Make sure you head over to Carisa's blog to see more Tot School ideas!



2 comments:
I think Brennan needs to come over here and give a talk to Benjamin about dropping his morning nap ... he is just about 22 months and he can not make it without a one hour morning nap. Its great that he sleeps, but its hard when you have an almost 6 year old who needs to get out of the house!
I got those stacking abc blocks at gabriel brothers for $4! Next time you are in KY go there. They have a ton of cheap Melissa and Doug stuff.
Valerie L.
Post a Comment