Thursday, September 30, 2010

Friday's Fab Five

Did you have a fabulous week? I hope so! Here is what we've been up to.

1. Brennan got a new Maclaren stroller! Amanda, being the best friend that she is, was shopping at Marshalls on Wednesday and called to let me know they had a very nice Maclaren stroller on sale. I texted Kyle about it because we have been talking about possibly getting one and he said he wanted to go look at it. So after he got home from work we did. Amanda said the retail price is over $300, and Marshall's had it for $179, so it sounded like a good deal and once we saw the stroller we really liked it. Then our deal only got better when we found out how much stuff was included! Take a look at the picture! It came with all that stuff, plus a rain cover and a reversible blanket! Brennan is now a high roller in his stroller! Now the hard part is convincing Kyle to keep it and not sell it to make a profit!



2. I printed off this prayer calendar yesterday. I've been wanting one for a while for Brennan's nursery (I think that's where it'll stay) and found this free one. Since today starts a new month, I figured it was the perfect time to start (although there's never a bad time to start praying more diligently for your child!). I also found this old post on Pleasing to You and I like her ideas too. Do you have a prayer calendar/routine you use?

3. I am reading "Bringing Up Boys" now. I checked it out from the library. I mentioned in a previous post it was a book I wanted to buy, but when B and I were at the library last week, I thought I'd see if they had it. I am liking it. It is different than I thought it would be, but I'm glad I'm reading it.

4. So the other day I was reading in the book of Isaiah and read: "Come now, let us reason together," says the Lord. Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. (Isaiah 1:18-20). I marked it because I liked the verses and because it was familiar to me because our church choir sings a song based on those exact verses. Then on Sunday, the choir sang the song! Weird! God's pretty cool, right!

5. And last, but certainly not least, I get to stay at home with this handsome little guy. Check out his hair. It will no longer stay flat, so that is how it looks all day long. And he just discovered his tongue yesterday and now it won't stay in his mouth. These were all just taken a few minutes ago while I fed him breakfast. So many faces within just a few seconds!




1 comment:

The Dishmons said...

don't be surprised if that Stroller and all the accessories is magically missing in 2 weeks! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...