Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dear Brennan,

Today you are seven months old! You are getting so big so fast! Just this morning we took you to watch an Upward soccer game at church. I got all teary-eyed when they introduced the kids and they ran out onto the field because I feel like you'll be doing that too in no time at all. Here is a little of what you've been up to lately.

You can wear a variety of clothes right now. Mostly you wear 6-9 month, but there are a few 3-6 month things that still fit too. I am excited for the weather to get cooler because I'll get to dress you in things you haven't worn before. You wear size 3 diapers now. We had a few size 2 diapers left over in the car and I wanted to go ahead and use them up. It was wild to see how small they are on you now. They used to be big!

You are in your convertible car seat now and really seem to like it. You can see outside better and you can see yourself in the baby mirror and just talk and talk and talk. You have used a highchair at restaurants a few times now and are getting more used to sitting in it. You're still not quite sitting on your own for an extended period of time, so I stuff some blankets around you when you're in the highchair. You have also ridden in the front of a shopping cart. You weren't too sure about that though. You mainly just chewed on the cart cover and then started fussing so I carried you. You seem to really like sitting upright in your stroller because you're pretty good during Stroller Strides. Just a little fussy because it runs into your nap time. I just recently started using the little giraffe-print umbrella stroller for our walks around the block and you like that one too.

You are a pretty good eater. You are usually eating 4 times/day right now. That varies if you are up later than usual. I am still nursing you for your liquid intake and you get solids three times/day. There really aren't any foods you don't like now. You have had all veggies in Stage 1 and 2 and most fruits in those stages too. You also seem to be ready to eat some finger foods at this point. You reach out and grab anything and everything people are eating. You got to eat a Ritz cracker at church last week and inhaled it! You still don't have any teeth, but I guess you gummed it and ate it that way. You are getting better with your sippy. It is still a messy process because just as much falls out of your mouth as goes in. You will drink water and milk out of it now. You still don't like either to be cold though.

There aren't too many other new things you are doing. You still haven't rolled from your back to your belly. You can only sit up alone for a few seconds and as I mentioned you don't have any teeth yet. I am curious to see when you start crawling. You certainly seemed interested in doing it. When you're on your stomach you get pretty angry that you can't move. You move your little feet, but just can't go anywhere yet.

Sleeping is still going really well. You take good naps. You get swaddled and have a binky during naps. I still usually read you First 100 Words before nap, swaddle you up, and just lay you straight down. If you wake up fussy, I know you need to sleep more because after a good nap you wake up happy and talkative.

Nighttime is still going great too. Up until this week, I had always been nursing you right before bedtime. This meant it was only me who could put you to bed. In order to stop that and get you used to going to bed without nursing right before, I now do your feedings at night the same as during the day. When you wake up from your last nap, I go ahead and nurse you then. If you wake up a little early, we usually go for a walk around the neighborhood first. After breastfeeding, you get your nighttime solids (usually cereal, a veggie, and fruit) and then you take a bath. You still love bath time too! Then I get you ready for bed, which now includes brushing your "teeth". (Just want to get you ready for when we have to start that). I read you "It's Time for Bed" and your Bible story, swaddle you, sing Jesus Loves Me, and lay you down. You don't get a binky at night. You're still waking for a feeding around 6:30am, so I feed you on one side and you go right back down until around 8:30 usually.

Each stage of your life seems more exciting than the previous one, so I can't imagine what these next few months will bring, Love ya bunches!

Love,
Mommy

Brennan at 6 months

Brennan today at 7 months

And one with his hood up

And Mommy made him ride the giraffe today

Brennan and Mommy at Upward soccer this morning

Brennan in his big boy car seat

1 comment:

Hoover Family said...

Oh my gosh, he is getting so big and so so cute! Your lucky that he is not crawling or cruising yet! The week Benjamin turned 7 months he knocked out a tooth because he was cruising!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...