Sunday, June 26, 2011

Tot School - 16 . 5 Months

Tot School

Yet again it's Sunday and I find myself with very little to show of our Tot School this week. I think I'm in the summer mindset and just want to be outside and running around as much as possible.

Ok. Time for a little rambling...

I am very thankful that Brennan is such a good sleeper. Most days he doesn't get up until at least 8, sometimes even later. I like to get out of the house in the morning with him (it helps break up the day) and we usually try to leave around 9:30. Our morning time is usually spent letting B play in his room a little as he continues to wake up, getting B dressed for the day, and B eating breakfast (I try to get ready and eat before he's up). Honestly by that time it is usually already close to 9:30 and time to head out somewhere.

I like to be back home by 11 to feed B lunch. After lunch we usually do have a few more minutes of playtime before he goes down for his nap at 12. Naptime usually lasts until about 3:30ish and hopefully by then Daddy might be home and we can all play together before dinner. 

In other words, I am having a hard time fitting Tot School into our schedule. Writing it down like I did makes it seem like there is more time available than I feel like there is during the day. I think my difficulty also has to do with the fact that I have not been planning out any activities ahead of time. I also feel like all my Tot School ideas are the same for someone B's age. I have tons of things bookmarked or pinned to my Pinterest that will be great for when he's older, but not a lot for right now. 

I think I just need to keep the purpose of Tot School in mind. As Carisa says,
Tot School isn't really school at all!  Don't let the name confuse you!  Tot School is basically a focused time each day on the tot in your family.
I do certainly spend lots of time focusing on the little guy and I can tell he's learning a lot from what we do together.

I apologize for my rambling and my lack of Tot School lately. But here are some pictures of what we were up to during the past week. I hope you enjoy!

The hose brings this little guy SO much joy!




Brennan continues to excel at cruising, but hasn't take any more steps since he took his first three last Monday. We work daily on his gross motor skills here at home and he attends PT once a week.

These star boxes were perfect for doing a quick nesting activity.




And we also smiled a lot this week! Loving this happy face!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend! Make sure you head over here to see more Tot School ideas.

1 comment:

Ambra said...

I'm kind of in the same boat with my 16.5 month old! I have lots of ideas, but lack the motivation or time to actually implement them. Although part of my problem is that I have a 3.5 year old that demands a lot of attention! I'm currently planning his preschool year that we'll start in August, so I'm also going to plan and prepare tot trays (or some form of organization/display) for her too so that I can make sure to focus on her more. If I have things ready to go, I'm much more likely to actually DO them! But with it being summer, I say just enjoy having fun outside! Looks like B loves the hose...that's all the learning he needs! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...