{one}
I got my first ever spray tan yesterday! My friend, Amanda, has a friend with a mobile spray tan business and hosted a spray tan party at her house! It was set up in her garage and we let the kids play while the mommas took turns getting their tan on. I've always been a tanner; even though I know it's not good for me. Now that I'm a momma, I find it a lot harder to find time to just be laying out, so this was a perfect (and healthy) solution!Better late than never, I am loving Pinterest! I seriously have to limit my time on there because the minutes turn into hours! You can check out my page here.
{two}
{three}
I always watch "The Bachelorette" on Monday nights. This past Monday was extra special because Val and Kathryn came over to watch too. To make it a little more interesting, we played a drinking game while watching it. These were our rules which we adapted slightly from another group of Kathryn's friends.- Any time you hear the word "amazing" take a drink
- Any time she kisses someone take a drink
- Any time a helicopter makes an appearance take a drink
- If a guy picks Ashley up, take 2 drinks
- Any time you hear the word "journey" finish your drink
- Any time you hear the word "Bentley" take a drink
We added the last rule because we knew Bentley was making an appearance last night. There was no helicopter in last night's episode, but they did say "journey" three times. We ended up not following that rule because it was just too much to keep up with and Val and Kathryn needed to drive home afterwards.
{four}
Brennan got his 2nd haircut! I think he looks so handsome!
{five}
On Sunday, we had an outdoor church service. Our church is blessed to have a large outdoor area (in a separate location from our church) with a lot of land and a big pavilion. We will have several Sunday morning services up there this summer. It's always fun to be outside knowing the surrounding residents can hear us worshiping!
{six}
I had a mommy day on Saturday! Those don't happen very often, so I was very thankful to get one. Saturday morning I went to church for our Secret Sister reveal. For the past six months, we have been giving notes of encouragement and small gifts to our Secret Sister, but mostly importantly we have been praying for them. It was a neat way to get to know some more of the wonderful ladies in our church.
{seven}
My mommy day continued into the afternoon. While Brennan was napping I went out shopping. I have a birthday coming up and treated myself to some new clothes at TJ Maxx. I find TJ Maxx very hit or miss for finding things, but this was definitely a hit. I came home with 2 pairs of capris, 2 dresses, and a shirt. I'm sure I could've found more, but I thought I better stop there!
{eight}
That still wasn't the end of my mommy day! Saturday night after I gave Brennan his bath, I headed off to a girls-only game night with girls from church. It was a lot of fun. We played "The Game of Things", which is pretty hilarious. We also played "Last Word" and "Scattagories".
{nine}
I'm loving this guy, who made my mommy day possible!
{ten}
And I'm loving this guy who brings me so much joy each day!




4 comments:
I think he looks so much more like Dad now that his hair is buzzed!!! A cute version of Dad :)
I love pinterest too!! So so addicting!! I watch the bachelorette too and you could have just made a game out of when she said the name bentley - good grief she kept saying it alot!
i love the picture of bethel park because it shows how far that piece of property has come! not only is there a pavilion there... but a full kitchen, bathrooms equipped with 6 showers, a shed, basketball court and GREEN grass! thanks for the reminder of how God has provided over the past few years :)
i want a spray tan so bad!
love the drinking game idea.
oh and having your church worship outside in the community is so awesome!
love your blog btw. and your little boy is the cutest!
Post a Comment