Wednesday, June 22, 2011

WILW

Hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday! I'm linking up with Jamie again for What I'm Loving Wednesday!

{one}
I'm loving that I got a haircut. I've been wanting to get it chopped again for awhile now, but it's hard to do when you have a baby. I'm not picky at all about my hairstylist, so when Kyle ended up coming home from work earlier on Friday, I just ran over to Cost Cutters and got a $15 haircut. Just a little bob. Same as always, but it makes me happy.

{two}
Kyle has been having some easy days at work and coming home early. It's always a nice surprise, although yesterday he caught me napping. Ooops! I guess I am loving naps too!

{three}
It's officially summer! I am loving our weather lately. Highs in the mid-upper 70s. Pretty amazing!
Fun in the water hose!

{four}
Since the weather has been nice, we've been able to hit up our local Splash Pad a few times. It's hard for me to get pictures of Brennan enjoying it because I have to be right in there with him helping him walk. He has NO fear. He LOVES the water. I did manage to snap this picture of him starting to dry off and enjoying some fruit snacks.

{five}
The most exciting news for the week is that my non-crawling, non-walking sixteen-month-old took his first three steps on Monday. We were at his weekly physical therapy appointment and at the very end, Ms. Jen wanted to see if he would walk to me. Sure enough he stood up from sitting on her lap and walked the short distance to me. No steps since then, but it's exciting (and scary) knowing he'll be a walker before too much longer!
Poor quality, but I just love this one. He looks like a big boy!

{six}
I do not have a green thumb. AT ALL. All of our landscaping has been done by the hubby. I love pretty flowers, but just don't like the upkeep. However, a local greenhouse was a having a 50% sale this past weekend and I decided I wanted to go check out their hanging plants. They have HUGE plants there! They're expensive, but for half-off, I thought it might be worth it. We went to check it out (there's amazing ice cream there too!) and ended up buying two plants. Let's see how long I can keep them alive!



{seven}
I am not much of a reader. Growing up I loved reading. I still love reading, I just don't make time to do it. As a kid and teenager, I loved fiction books. The only books I find myself reading now are marriage and parenting books. Before Brennan was born, I read Babywise. I became a fan from the beginning and have been reading books in that series since. I just bought Toddlerwise this week and I am excited to start reading it. I also bought Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood. I am looking forward to reading both books and to discussing them with Kyle, so we can be on the same page about discipline and other parenting issues.



{eight}
I am loving the Silhouette! Well I am loving the thought of owning one! I want need one of these machines! My birthday is coming up. Hint, hint!!!

{nine}
Of course I am loving these handsome guys!


What are YOU loving today? Head over to Jamie's blog and link up!

4 comments:

Laura said...

who did your blog design???

Elizabeth said...

I am pediatric physical therapist and I just love hearing when kids walk for the first time or are making progress. Yay! He is adorable by the way. I want a silhoutte machine too!

Lauren said...

He looks like such a chunker in the pic from the splash pad!! I know you sent me that one but he didnt look like quite the chunker on my phone!

valerie said...

love the new look! and "you're loving a lot of neat things this week"!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...