Friday, June 24, 2011

Five Question Friday

Thanks for stopping by for Five Question Friday!


{What is your current favorite tv show?}
l have three favorites right now: The VoiceSo You Think You Can Dance, and The Bachelorette. (Addicted to reality TV much?!?!?!)

On The Voice I am really liking Javier Colon. Plus he's from CT, so I like him even more! I also like Dia Frampton. I am really hoping one of them wins. 


I think my favorite on SYTYCD is Melanie.

Did you see her statue dance with Marko?!?!

Every season I say I'm not going to watch The Bachelor(ette) anymore, but every season I end up getting sucked back in again. I don't know what it is. My favorite on The Bachelorette is JP. He's a hottie, but also seems sweet.

{What's the worst haircut you ever got?}
I'm not really sure. All my pictures from when I was younger are at my parents' house in KY. My senior year of high school I decided to go really short and took this picture of Martina McBride to my hairstylist for inspiration:

At times I liked that haircut, but other times I didn't.

{What was something you did as a child that you thought you were so cool for doing?}
Hmm....
  • I had super tall teased bangs
  • I tight-rolled my jeans
  • I tied up my shirt on one side; even had a little plastic tool that helped hold it there
  • I wore overalls with only one strap hooked 
  • I went through a cussing phase when I was in middle school - that was SUPER cool - ;-)


{Do you have any GREAT frugal family fun tips?}
You can click here for 100 free things to do with your kids this summer. Brennan and I have been hitting up our local library a lot. They have a small children's play area there and giant stuffed giraffe that he loves. They also have a great selection of children's DVDs. We just checked out two Elmo movies yesterday. Libraries often have passes for other local fun too. For example, our library has a free pass for the local children's museum. 

{Would you drive across country if you had the money to fly?}
I am very thankful that Brennan has always been a great traveler, but a cross-country trip with a 16-month-old doesn't sound like much fun. The longest trip he has done so far was a 10-hour road trip. The nice thing about driving is that you can stop anytime you need to. Obviously if you're on the plane, you're stuck there until it lands no matter what happens. No I'm not sure what is better with a baby.

I am definitely interested in doing a cross-country road trip some day. Have you ever seen the movie Elizabethtown? It's a pretty quirky movie, but some of it was filmed in KY, so I'm partial to it. Anyways, Kirsten Dunst's character makes this awesome road trip scrapbook/map for Orlando Bloom's character. It tells him to stop at certain locations along the way and it has a soundtrack to go along with it. I'm doing a terrible job of explaining it, but I want someone to do that for me!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Gotta add a few pics of the little guy for the fam, or I get in trouble!







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cussing phase, LOL.

http://carabossesbedchamber.blogspot.com/2011/06/five-question-friday_24.html

valerie said...

can i just say ALL of the things that you mentioned that made you cool when you were younger CRACKED me up?!?!?!?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...