Friday, June 3, 2011

Five Question Friday

Linking up again for Friday Question Friday!

If you had to choose, how would you choose to spend your money...on landscaping or a pool?
The answer to this question depends on how realistic I am being. I would like to have a pool; a really nice in-ground one. However, if I spent the money on that I would also want to spend the money on a pool boy who could take care of it for me. I don't really like all the upkeep that goes along with owning a pool. My husband is the one who takes care of our landscaping. I do think it would be nice to hire someone to take care of all that stuff too. I think my more realistic answer is that I'd use the money or landscaping (and hire a lawn boy to maintain it!)

Death penalty, yay or nay?
I usually don't have a very strong stance on many political issues; this one included. I feel like getting the death penalty seems like an "easy way out" for a criminal instead of having to live the rest of their lives with the guilt of what they did. However, I don't like how much tax money it costs to have an inmate spend a life sentence in jail though. So there's my wishy-washy answer. :)

What's the worst thing your kid has gotten into when you turned your back/blogged/showered/blinked?
This is one area of my life is getting ready to change big time. My almost 16-month-old son isn't walking yet and he has never crawled, so we have had 16 months of him being immobile! Crazy! Probably the worst thing that has happened so far happened while the hubby was gone to Vegas last month. I was letting Brennan play with a spice container (that still contained the spice). He had played with it earlier in the week under strict supervision and had done great. He was even able to stack multiple spice containers on top of each other. However, when I gave him one for just a few minutes on the kitchen floor so I could wash a couple of dishes, I turned back to him and the hamburger spice was dumped all over the floor. Oops! He didn't get any on him and I saw it right away and was able to pick him up and move him away. I can only imagine was stories are going to be coming up once he gets this walking thing down!
How often to do REALLY go to the dentist?
Since I have had a job and my own insurance I go every six months. My mom wasn't so great about getting us to the dentist as kids. Thankfully I have healthy teeth and never had a cavity until I was pregnant with Brennan. 

What is your favorite animal? (Doesn't have to be a pet-type animal)
A GIRAFFE! Background story: When I was fifteen I was with some church friends and we were being silly and making up goofy nicknames for each other. Mine ended up being "Skinny Giraffe". A few days later I was out and saw a stuffed giraffe, thought about my new nickname, and knew I had to the buy the giraffe. That started my giraffe collection that has grown into somewhat of an obsession. Most of the giraffes are now in Brennan's giraffe-themed nursery. It's crazy how many giraffe things you can find  once you start looking for them!

Happy Friday! Have a fabulous weekend!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...