I definitely felt a little less motivated this week. I didn't plan out any of the Tot School activities Brennan would be doing, so we just kind of went with the flow. The great thing, however, is that there is SO much learning that can take place as he just "plays" with his regular toys.
With his Mega Blocks, we talked about colors and counted the number of pegs on the blocks. He especially likes to take apart the blocks.
This Leapfrog Fix and Learn Speedy is a great learning tool. You can practice opening and closing the hood. It teaches you shapes (circle, triangle, square, rectangle, and hexagon). It teaches you colors. It sings the ABCs and counts to 10!
We also had an impromptu music class using the vent.
"Look, ma, no hands!"
Brennan and I made a trip to Kohl's. He received a gift certificate to there for his birthday. We came home with this Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Learning Piggy Bank. It's a great toy for him because it really requires him to work hard to get the coins in the slot. He has only managed to do it a few times, but I know it won't take him long to catch on. It counts up to 10 and sings some silly songs. It reviews the colors of the coins and each color has 2 coins; a big one and a small one.
Brennan and Ringo are both longing for warmer days when we can all play outside! For now we just look.
We also made a trip this week to The Dollar Tree. I think this is my new favorite store. I am feeling ready to get some more Tot School planned now that I made some great purchases from the store! Here B is putting some squishy balls into a bug catcher!
Brennan and I are currently on the road to VA to visit some friends. I'll still link-up next week, but it will mainly consist of pictures from our trip!


3 comments:
YAY MUSIC!! :)
We missed you both this morning! I hope you are having a great time and will be back soon. I made my balloon wreath! So love it! Thanks again for the idea.
My 13 month old daughter loves the Laugh & Learn Piggy Bank too! The pictures of him "playing" the vent are so cute!
Post a Comment