Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tot School - 13 Months

Tot School


We were back in the normal swing of things with Tot School this week after our trip the week before to VA. Check out some of the fun we had!

It is still too cold to play outside, so I decided to let Brennan play with water inside. I let him play with it in his highchair because we have to two cats and one dog who would like to play too. I am posting several pictures of him playing with the bubbles and water because I just love his expressions. It was such a classic example of cause and effect as he would drop items in and then look in the tub to find them.






He enjoyed playing with the water so much that I let him do it again the next day. I didn't sit right with him the second day, however, and he ended up dumping all the water out. I had towels on the floor, so it didn't make a huge mess, but did require him to change out of his pjs and get a new diaper. I can't wait for warmer weather so he can just make a huge mess with water outside!

Brennan received the Fisher Price Go Baby Go Sit to Stand Giraffe from his Auntie Lala. He loved the toy from the very beginning. At first he couldn't get the balls to go all the way into the giraffe's mouth by himself; it requires quite a bit of force. It didn't take him long to catch on though. I hadn't shared pictures of him playing with it yet, so I wanted to make sure to capture some this week.



Parker came over to play too. Brennan was actually really good about sharing his toy, but his face in this picture looks like he is protecting it and thinking, "Mine, all mine!"

Brennan's two favorite puzzles right now are both Melissa and Doug puzzles. He loves this shape puzzle and this pet sounds puzzle. He can put some of the pieces of both puzzles back in their correct spots now!





I saw this idea on another blog (sorry, I can't remember which one). Brennan loves his Leapfrog Fridge Phonics and this is a great way to make them portable. (Even though we were sitting right by the fridge, you get the idea!) I just used a round cake pan.


About two weeks ago, I bought some clothespins at the dollar store. I didn't have an exact use in mind for them, but knew I they could be used in lots of ways. Here are a few of the things we used them for this week.
He is checking out the clothespins and muffin tin.

He helped me put them in the holes.

He liked taking them out after I filled up each hole.

As usual, Ringo was close by to "help".

I also gave him an empty Puffs container. It was difficult putting
the clothespins in, but he was able to figure it out.

Studying the clothespin; it would only go in if it was vertical. 

Again, he liked taking them out.

I went ahead and gave him a 20oz. soda bottle. It was MUCH
too difficult for him to put them in himself, but he had fun.

I think he was hoping there was a little Coke left.

We have also been watching a PowerPoint presentation I created about numbers and counting. He LOVES it!


In fact, look how much he loves counting; when he pulls out his Mega Blocks now, he points to the pegs to "count" them! He is such a smart boy!



Hope you had fun with your tot this week too!

1 comment:

Elle Belles Bows said...

Love the water play and clothespin fun! Too cute that the pup jumped in!

Kerri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...