Check out the wreath I made!
I know it's a little crazy and bright, but I LOVE it! (Kyle says it's "fruity".) I am not quite ready to hang it up yet; I think I'll wait until it is a little warmer outside. It was super-dee-duper easy and fast to make.
I first read the tutorial from How Does She.
I then went and bought my supplies. I bought the straw wreath and greening pins at Michaels. I bought balloons at The Dollar Tree. Just as the tutorial recommended, I bought 100 greening pins and 150ish balloons, so I thought I was all set.
That is until I sat down to start making the wreath today and realized that I was going to need A LOT more supplies. Oops!!! At first I thought I bought a wreath that was too big, but now that it is finished, I think it looks the same size as the one from Missy's blog. I certainly didn't have enough though. I used up my 100 greening pins before I had finished up all my balloons. At that point, my wreath was a little more than 1/2 covered with balloons. So I made a quick trip back out to pick up additional supplies.
With a wreath my size, I used a little less than 250 balloons and greening pins. The wreath is not covered completely, that would've taken forever and SO many balloons. I am very happy with how it turned out though.
I love Missy's idea of using it for birthdays. She puts the wreath out whenever someone in her family has a birthday coming up. If I was still teaching, I think it would be a cute thing to put on my classroom door when a student has a birthday. For now, I think it will be either my spring or summer wreath. Or if I can't wait to hang it up, my hurry up and get here spring wreath.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Rach - awesome wreath! You have inspired me to make one for the studio! Wouldn't my students love to see that wreath on my door during their birthday week? A little sign with their name on it stuck among the balloons...such a great idea! Thank you!
Post a Comment