Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday's Fab Five

TGIF! Here's a little bit of fabulous-ness from our week:

1. When I was pregnant with Brennan and knew I'd get to be a stay-at-home-mom, I swore I would make sure the baby and I got out of the house on a daily basis. I didn't want to go crazy stuck at home all the time. Well, a lot changes when you actually have a baby. I am so thankful to have a baby that (usually) naps well. When a baby takes two naps/day, it's hard to get out of the house. B's morning nap comes pretty quickly after he wakes up. Then when he wakes up from that nap, he eats lunch, gets independent playtime, and that doesn't leave much time for going anywhere. We can sometimes make a super quick trip out, but that's about it. If we do go somewhere, it is typically after his second nap. Okay, I'm getting long-winded. I say all that because, even though a part of me looks forward to doing more outings after he drops his morning nap, I think we have a pretty fabulous routine going here. I don't really get an itch to get out of the house. I just enjoy playing with B right here. Sure we miss out on some playgroups, but I think he's a pretty fabulous little guy.

2. We had swim class on Tuesday. It is one thing we do get out and do each week. The class takes place back in this kinda run down looking building in our neighborhood, but the indoor swimming pool is heated. This week, the water was 91 degrees! That feels pretty fabulous when it's below freezing outside.

3. Check this out!
I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against You. ~Psalm 119:11


Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you. He will never let the righteous be shaken. ~Psalm 55:22


Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs; that it might benefit those who listen. ~Ephesians 4:29


Do not judge or you too will be judged, for in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. ~Matthew 7:1-2.


I just did those all from memory! That's pretty fabulous, right? Those are the first four verses I have learned for 2011. I am learning two each month. I actually haven't selected my verse for the first half of March yet, so I am slacking a little. Guess I need to get on that today. When I am first learning them, I repeat them  A LOT and write them down several times. Then I try to review them at random times throughout the day. I always try to say them all in the shower. No particular reason; I just take a shower everyday so it seems like a good place to make sure I get some practice in.

4. I just ordered this book this morning:
The writers of several blogs I read have read or are reading this book. This is what it's about:
One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are---Drawing heartbreaking beauty out of the simplest of details, Ann Voskamp invites you into her grace-bathed life of farming, parenting, and writing---and deeper still into your own life. Here you will discover a way of seeing that opens your eyes to ordinary amazing grace, a way of living that is fully alive, and a way of becoming present to God that brings you deep and lasting joy.
I ordered it online. I can't wait until it arrives. I just know it'll be fabulous. :)

5. Okay, so I still have a little over a week to go, but I cannot wait for next Sunday. Brennan and I are going to see the Dishmons in VA! Woohoo! I was able to use our timeshare and get a nice four bedroom suite for us and some other friends. It's going to be a long drive, but it'll be so worth it! I cannot wait to see them and to meet little Michaela! It'll be a fabulous trip!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend! (Don't you hate how when you've written a word so many times, you start to think it is misspelled???) Thank goodness for spell check. It's fabulous!

Sorry, no pictures today. Come back on Sunday for TONS of pictures to go along with my Tot School post!



2 comments:

Laura said...

Zephaniah 3:17

Valerie said...

are you drunk?! FABULOUS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...