Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Little of This, A Little of That

Here again are just some random pictures (taken with my phone of course) of what we've been up over the past few days.

On Saturday we attended two birthday parties. I only managed to capture a few pictures at the first party for our church friends Morgan and Camryn. Their mom went all out decorating the party like Candyland. I should've taken more pictures of the decorations because they were so cute. Brennan was such a good boy at the party. He gets overwhelmed by lots of kids, so he ends up just sitting down and watching them all sometimes. It's times like this when there are kids everywhere that I am especially thankful he's usually a good listener.
Posing with the cutout.

His first time in a bounce house. He asked to get in several times, but then immediately wanted out every time!

Both birthday parties were outside, so that night we came home and had a good bath. I still love bath time pictures!

When Kyle is home, our usual Sunday routine after church is to grab some fast food, bring it home to eat, and try to get Brennan down for a nap by 2 at the latest. This past Sunday, I wanted to be able to go visit some friends that just had a baby girl. They are moving to CA next week, so I wanted to hold that baby and hug our friends before we left. Brennan and I decided to grab a quick lunch at Five Guys before heading over. He was cracking me up at lunch. I love lunch dates with this handsome guy. I didn't get any pictures of the new baby because I was trying to love on her while keeping Brennan from touching everything in their apartment they are prepping for the big move.

Brennan has discovered he likes to sit on this big green ball in the basement. He bounces on it and then purposefully bounces onto the floor and says, "That's funny". He also likes to roll on this ball on his belly. And I think I've mentioned on the blog before how much he likes to be naked; yep that's still happening.

We sent this picture to Brennan's GaGa - my mom - on Monday morning because it was her birthday. I love listening to him try to say happy birthday. For this picture he said, "Cheese. Gaga's birfday!"

Using these dinnertime prayers I found on Pinterest, Brennan and I are started a new dinner routine. He gets to pick a prayer card, I read it as we pray together and then we read a short Bible story. Getting dinner prepped while trying to get B entertained can sometimes be overwhelming and frustrating, so this is nice way to at least make dinner itself start off well. I'll admit though, after praying and reading, I usually let him watch a show or two on the iPad during dinner. It keeps him happy and entertained and once I'm done eating I can clean the kitchen while he's still watching.

And we sent one more picture to Gaga on Monday night after dinner. Brennan ate his entire dinner, which is pretty much a nightly occurrence for this growing boy right now, but I was very proud of him, so he got some ice cream for dessert. With chocolate syrup. He was pretty excited. He gobbled it right up!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...