Saturday, September 1, 2012

It's A...

healthy baby! That's the most important part.

It also appears to be a boy.

My OB does gender checks notoriously late. I remember this from when I was pregnant with Brennan and at my last check-up in August, the midwife at the practice told me he wouldn't do it until at least 23 weeks. I have an appointment this coming Tuesday and I'll be just over 21 weeks, so no gender check until my October appointment.

Kyle and I went to a 3D ultrasound place to find out if B was a boy or girl before my OB would do it because we thought he wasn't going to be home for the later ultrasound. We had considered doing that this time, but then he left suddenly and we didn't have time. On Thursday morning, all of a sudden, I decided I wanted to find out before Kyle left his current port. We are able to talk for a few more days and decided it would be nice to find out and at least be able to tell him on the phone instead of in an email that he may or may not receive.

So I called up the 3D ultrasound place and today was the big day. Val was nice enough to go with me to help entertain Brennan. As soon as the tech began my ultrasound, within what seemed like seconds she said, "Are you ready to know?" Of course I was ready and she pointed to the screen and said, "It's a girl." I was completely shocked because I've thought boy all along. She proceeded to type "I'm a girl!" on the screen and printed out my picture and then said she wanted to look from all the different angles.

As she was looking around and pointing out hands and feet she said, "Wait a minute. What was that that just popped out?" She kept looking and looking and said that the umbilical cord was right between the baby's legs and it was making it difficult for her to see if she had seen something or if it had just been a shadow. She ended up having me get up and walk around to see if the cord would move and then we tried again. She kept looking and looking and the more she looked, the more she started thinking it was actually a boy.

Once she was all done, she printed me out a new picture that says, "I'm a boy!" And I have to say it looks pretty convincing to me. She said he was just hiding it well at the beginning. She also said that no matter what it is, it's gonna be a spit fire and give me a run for my money. He(?) was moving a ton and I guess because he gave her a hard time finding out she thinks he's(?) gonna be handful.

My OB will do his gender check in October and this tech told me not to tell him anything beforehand and see what he says. If he happens to say it's a girl, then she told me to come back and she'll do another ultrasound free of charge.

So for now we're going with boy. But more importantly the baby looks happy, healthy, and hyper!
The "I'm a boy!" picture!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...