Brennan puts a sticker on a sticker chart everyday as a countdown until Dada comes home. It seems so hard to believe that he's already been gone for a month. Time is truly flying by. I hope it keeps going this fast!
I try to keep busy during the day and I think that has helped make time go by quickly. Here's a little of what we've been up to lately. It might not seem like anything exciting, but I love spending time with this little guy.
He looks so big to me when he wears his KY jersey.
On Friday we helped out a friend by driving her to pick up her car. Three boys in my car (not counting the one in my belly). Love it!
One thing I am super thankful for is that when B wakes up from his nap, he usually wants to do something quiet like a puzzle. Yesterday he opted for his shape sorter.
The quiet, peaceful activities don't last long though. He asked to go play outside and since he was 80 degrees still at 4:30 yesterday it was the perfect opportunity to use his water table. It started out like this; just dumping water in the funnel.
But then progressed to dumping water on his shirt.
And it ended up like this; dumping water right on top of his head. Over and over and over again. Needless to say I think he's going to have a great time in the pool and at the beach when he visit Myrtle Beach at the end of the month!
After drenching himself with water, it was time to climb on the rocks!
This morning we got a special surprise; we were able to Skype with Dada again. I know Kyle is glad to talk to us, but he's ready to get back underway. They've been stuck in Norway for a while. After talking to him, B and I headed to our church's first Upward soccer game of the season. B had a great time running all around and even got to eat a cupcake!
I decided to keep our fun morning going with lunch at McDonald's. Brennan was so happy to go there but then was over the moon when they gave him this ruler!
He had a mini-meltdown as we were leaving McDonald's, but it's so easy to distract him. I just asked him if he could help me read the letters and numbers on the back of my car when we got outside. That's all it took. Major meltdown avoided. This kid just loves letters and numbers. We came home and wrestled; one of his favorite activities!
And even played a little basketball.
Now he's taking a nap! Hoping he takes a good one today!
Saturday, September 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment