Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Terrific Tuesday

Brennan and I have had a pretty terrific Tuesday so far. Nothing that exciting, but it's been fun nonetheless.

We left this morning around 9:30 to drop off some paperwork at his new school. He was so excited to take his green paper to his teacher. He walked right into the office, handed it the first person he saw, and said, "Thank you!" They were even kind enough to let him play in his classroom for a few minutes since it was empty. He went straight for the shape sorter; one of his favorites. I am praying his excitement for school continues and that Sept. 4 is a great day for him.

After that we headed to the commissary. I am a very lucky lady because I honestly rarely go there. Kyle goes much more frequently than me since he works right on base. If I do go, I typically go on Sundays after church and Kyle stays home while B is napping. So even if I do go, Brennan doesn't go with me. Now that Dada is deployed, Brennan and I get to do the grocery shopping together. For a couple weeks at least because I'll probably do it while he's at school once that starts. He was super at the commissary today. He loves that the aisles are numbered and counts 1-10 as we go up and down. I was very thankful he was so well-behaved while we were there.

After we came home and unloaded the groceries, I pulled him in his wagon to a nearby playground. It's a pretty small playground, but today was the first time we have ever seen another kid there. We have always had it completely to ourselves, so it's perfect. Today's playmate wasn't even there very long. Brennan had a great time and I love seeing his confidence grow, especially with climbing stairs.

After about an hour there, we headed back home for lunch and by B's request he ate strawberry oatmeal. Now he's napping and I've been pretty productive and might just take a nap myself. :)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...