This pregnancy has been identical to my pregnancy with Brennan. I have been convinced it's another boy all along and still feel that way. I haven't had any real cravings (maybe salty stuff more than sweets) and have had no real aversions either. Most nights right now I still have to get up and pee once a night. I was hoping that symptom would pass once I hit my 2nd trimester. I'm definitely having a more difficult time getting comfortable at night at this point.
So far I have been able to make through the summer wearing my regular capri pants and have only busted out one pair of maternity capris at this point. I am also wearing cotton skirts I bought at Target a lot. They're really stretchy and comfy and keep me nice and cool. I think the maternity shirts are going to have to be used soon though because my regular ones are getting pretty short.
At my last OB appointment I had only gained 2 pounds so far this pregnancy, but I am expecting a bigger jump at my appointment at the beginning of Sept. I haven't had an ultrasound since the initial one around 8 weeks, but the baby's heartbeat is always strong each month when I see my doctor. It's usually around 150-155bpm. I am now feeling flutters in my stomach, but no real strong kicks yet that I can feel on the outside. I'm definitely ready for those!
We will definitely be finding out the sex, but my doctor doesn't do it until late (at least 23 weeks) so it won't happen until my Oct. appointment unless I go to an outside place like we did with Brennan.
That's about all I can think of for now. I know I'll be as big as a house by the time Kyle comes home. I just took some pics with my phone, so I've been trying to get a one the past few days. Here's a couple from the past three days.
| Thursday |
| Friday |
| Today - I only put on this shirt so I could compare it to 20 weeks with B. |
I feel pretty big for only being 20 weeks, but after looking at this picture from my pregnancy with Brennan, maybe I'm a little smaller than I was with him??!! About the same I guess.

No comments:
Post a Comment