Saturday, August 11, 2012

Dear Brennan,

You are now 30 months old! 2.5 years. Wowzers! You continually amaze me with how much you know and how quickly you learn. You sure are loved. It's just the two of us right now as Dada just left on Wednesday to go meet his submarine. It's only been a few days, but so far we are doing just fine.

You still wear mostly 2T clothes, but anything new I now buy in 3T and you can wear that stuff too. I'm curious to see what size pants you'll need this fall. You still wear a Pull-up at night and haven't been waking up dry in the mornings lately. I'm not concerned about it though because you sleep 11-12 hours each night so I think it's just hard for you to hold it that long. You wear size 6.5 shoes and are still hovering right around 28 pounds. I know you've gotten taller, but don't have a measurement.

You are now sleeping in your new big boy room. It was such an easy transition for you. You are just so laid back about things like that. You're sleeping in a twin bed and are doing great with that. At bedtime you still love to read stories and then have Momma hold you while I sing. Most days you still take a good 2-3 hour nap. Some days you just lay in your bed talking, but those are few and far between.

We just recently got back from a trip to Kentucky. We drove and you were seriously the best traveler ever! I was so impressed. You love all your family in KY even though we don't get to see them too often. Right before the long trip, we bought an iPad so you could watch movies in the car; a first for you. You loved it. You also love playing with the iPad and still love the "Zoo Train" app. A new favorite is the "Letter Writer Kids" app. It lets you trace letters, numbers, and shapes and you're great at it! Before we headed back for CT, we bought a couple more movies and put them on the iPad too. One of them was Hop. You have now become obsessed with that movie. You want it on all the time when we're at the house. You can already quote parts of it and sing songs from it. Thankfully it's a pretty funny movie for grownups too. Before the Hop obsession, you had started watching old Transformers cartoons. That made Dada proud.

Even though you like watching movies and playing on the iPad, you get annoyed if Mommy is on her phone too much. You have started saying, "all done phone" when you want me to put my phone down. You say a ton of stuff now and have pretty much become a parrot of what we say. One of the cuter words you've picked up is "ewww". You also call me "Mommy" now instead of Momma. You still say "Dada" most of the time though.

You have such a thirst for knowledge. You are constantly counting or saying your ABCs and now you love to spell out words that you see. Dada got you a Tag book reader for a going away gift and you're learning how to use that. I'm so glad you still love books. We read so many everyday. I love to hear you "read" them now. It's precious. We currently have a book from the library called Potato Joe and you can pretty much read that whole book. Your love of numbers has caused you to love the digital clock that is now in your room. You love watching the minutes change and it's become a great tool for Mommy when it's time for bath or bed. I can tell you what number we need to wait for until it's time and you get all excited when you see it.

You certainly have your moments of being very whiny, but definitely understand when Mommy says, "No whining". Thankfully we still haven't seen tantrums from you though. Daily we are working on obeying Mommy the first time she gives an order. Somedays are more successful than others. You are learning how to share slowly but surely. You aren't used to being around lots of kids at once and that overwhelms you. At playgrounds you would start yelling if someone came anywhere close to you, but Mommy taught you to say "hi" instead of yelling and that seems to be helping. You now tell every kid you see "hi".

You are a lot like your Momma was when she was little and want to do everything right the first time. You tend to get upset if you mess something up. I can see improvement in this area and you are learning to say, "Try again".

Right now you are so excited about starting school next month. I hope that excitement stays. I know it's going to be so good for you. And good for Mommy too. I think you'll learn more about sharing there, which will come in handy once the baby arrives in January. You now like to blow raspberries on Mommy's belly and think it's so funny. You used to always say the baby was going to be a "girl baby" but sometimes you say "boy baby" now. No matter what, I pray that you'll be a good big brother.

Mommy is getting better at wrestling. It's a good thing since I have to fill in for Dada. You especially like to wrestle at night. Last night you were climbing on my back and I'd flip you over my shoulder. We did it over and over again. You can also do a somersault on your own now. I hope to be able to enroll you in a gymnastics class this fall. I think it would be great for improving your gross motor skills.

The main area we need to see improvement in is your BMs. It's my blog, so I'll talk about your poop if I want to. You are completely potty trained and have been for months and you don't have a fear of pooping in the potty, you just have gigantic poops that are painful so you'd rather hold them in. I started putting fiber powder in your drink once a day and that helped for a while, but now you are really struggling with constipation again. You are a good eater and eat fruits and or veggies at every meal. I think you just take after your Momma in this area too!

You are really still such a sweet, sweet boy. I am so thankful for that especially during these next few months that Dada is away. I love you very very much!

Love,
Mommy

I decided to do a giraffe shot today to document his growth in the last six months. Such a big boy now!
Brennan at 2 years old

Brennan today at 2.5 years old!

And here are few more cute shots!

He loves playing in the hose.


Right after he woke up from his first nap in his new bed! He slept in it upside down!

Soon he'll be as tall as that giraffe!

Such a goober!


1 comment:

valerie said...

I love these updates and still ready every word!

PS B has changed so much in 6 months!! He definitely is looking less like a toddler and more like a little boy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...