Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tot School - 13 . 5 Months

Tot School


I did a horrible job taking pictures this week! I'll share the fews pics I did take, but also share some new techy tools we discovered this week!

Here is B doing his push and scoot move across the tile.



Kyle says I am giving B a complex by always having him practice putting things into something. He always wants to put EVERYTHING in something now! Hopefully no permanent damage is being done, because it sure is helping his fine motor skills! This week he was able to put ziti into a soda bottle. Then had fun shaking it!




This week And Twins Make Five shared Great iPhone Apps for Toddlers and Preschoolers. I checked some of them out and added a few of the free ones to my phone. I don't let Brennan play with my brand new iPhone, but I did let him sit in my lap and tap the screen to work the apps. He wasn't too impressed with them, but I thought they were cute. I added the following apps to my phone:


Brennan is still loving watching the numbers and counting PowerPoint presentation I made for him. We watch it several times each day. I am happy to make things like that for him, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel. If things are already available for our use, why take my time making the same thing? This week I have been doing a lot of searching on youtube.  Sure, there's a lot of junk there, but there is plenty of good stuff too. 

This is Brennan's current favorite. He LOVES it! As soon as it ends, he signs "more". 

If you go to youtube and search for "counting" or "letters" you can find some pretty cute stuff! You can also search Kidstv123 on youtube. They made the numbers video above and have several other cute ones too. They also have a website, but I haven't checked it out yet, so I don't know how good the quality is.

I did visit the website, Super Simple Songs and found lots of good stuff there! You can also go to Super Simple ABCs and find some cute phonics games! You can also search Super Simple Songs on youtube. Gotta love good, free stuff!

So, we didn't get tons of pictures, but hopefully you found some of our new Tot School finds helpful!

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

We had a baby in nursery at church that never did crawl in the "normal" manner. He pushed and scooted backwards like Brennan but he looked almost like he was doing a crab walk with one hand only. He was really fast as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...